In this edition we take a look at the Honourable Minister of Finance’s first Medium-Term Budget Policy Statement, which highlights the state’s commitment to economic recovery and transformation. We also dive into the sectors which have been performing well during the recovery period and our focus on tourism explains why the sector is important for recovery.Special features include:
- Our Trailblazer is the Minister of Health, Dr Joe Phaahla, who is leading the fight against Covid.
- We celebrate Women in Leadership by focusing on the Western Cape Minister of Social Development, Hon. Sharna Fernandez.
- An update on the new mayors in the metros post the November local government elections and in Other News there is an update on Aids in SA.
- Our Legal Matters feature looks at what is currently extremely topical from an HR perspective: “The Great Resignation”.
- In the Financial Fitness section, you will find useful tips and advice on “How to find financial success in 2022” – a nifty checklist to get your finances in order for this new year.
In his letter to the country in December – From the Desk of the Presidency – our President focuses on Covid, particularly the Omicron variant and how important it is for us all to practice the protocols, and vaccinate.
“Vaccination is essential for our economic recovery, because as more people are vaccinated, more areas of economic activity will be opened up. We can do our work and socialise under less stringent restrictions, and our lives can return to some degree of normality.
“As individuals, we must carefully consider the implications of the risk to ourselves of being unvaccinated and the risk of spreading the infection to our children, parents, relatives, co-workers and those we do not even know,” said President Ramaphosa.
Whether you are in the public sector, the private sector, supply chain or an interested individual, PSL has something for you.
We hope you enjoy the read.
Keep your finger on the pulse! To stay in the loop on all current affairs, check out the latest edition of the Public Sector Leaders
publication on Issuu, here
You can be a part of the February edition of PSL
, where the focus will be on social justice.For enquiries
regarding forming part of the next edition of the Public Sector Leaders
publication, please set up a appointment with our national project manager, Emlyn Dunn, here