The awards will kick off with a nomination process - handled by Business Insider Africa’s
jury panel from diverse backgrounds across sub-Saharan Africa - whose talents and contributions to the continent and environment are instrumental to building a community of African leaders.
The nominees - many of whom are trailblazing entrepreneurs - will then be announced to the general public to kickstart the voting phase, which starts on Monday, 21 March at 10am (WAT) and ends on Sunday, 3 April at 11.59pm (WAT).
The influential business leaders and entrepreneurs who emerge with the highest votes in each category will be crowned winners at the virtual award ceremony on 12 April, which will bring together the most talented and inspirational entrepreneurs from SSA on the same stage for the first time.
The Business Insider Africa
Awards is the first initiative launched by the publication and the awards focus on recognising extraordinary individuals across 11 business categories that cover Sub Saharan Africa’s market landscape. The Business Insider Africa Awards categories include:
- Marketing Professional of the Year
- Fintech Leader of the Year
- Internet Entrepreneur of the Year
- Young CEO of the Year
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year
- Business Influencer of the Year
- Female Leader of the Year
- Investor of the Year
- Creative Leader of the Year
- Serial Entrepreneur of the Year
- Entrepreneurship Lifetime Achievement Award