The winners of the ninth Annual Fabulous Woman Awards 2021 were recently announced during a virtual awards celebration earlier this month.
The winners were selected by an independent judging panel made up of Ria Ledwaba, Ashraf Garda, Dr Michael Mol, Busisiwe Raphekwane and Marina Prinsloo.
Pontsho Manzi, founder of the Fabulous Woman Awards
“The awards pride itself in recognising outstanding and excellent women and girls making a difference in communities, society and the world. The Covid-19 pandemic introduced new challenges however these inspirational women and girls have been rising above it all and making notable impact in their line of work. Truly, these winners represent the excellent Fabulous Woman,” said Pontsho Manzi, founder of the Fabulous Woman Awards.
Winners for 2021 are:
- Fabulous Woman of the Year 2021 - Portia Mngomezulu, PortiaM Skin Solutions
- Fabulous Woman Job Creation Award 2021 - Thandeka Nombanjinji-Nzama, Mbokodo Building
- Fabulous Woman Global Impact Award – Gladys Agulhas, Agulhas Theatre Works
- Fabulous Woman in Health Award – Dr Mathobela Matjekane, Clinimed Medical and Aesthetics Solutions Works
- Sta-Sof-Fro Fabulous Women Empowerment – Sinegugu Ngcobo, Isibani Sentsha
- BIC Soleil Fabulous Woman Humanitarian Award - Lydia Hlongwane, I.C.A.R.E
- Fabulous Woman Resilient Award – Linda Maponyane, Kenako Media
- Fabulous Girl of the Year – Njabulo Zulu, Njabulo 14
"Based on their exemplary achievements to date, especially during these challenging times, we believe this year’s Fabulous Woman Award winners will continue to have a significant and positive effect in the advancement of our communities,” added Manzi.