One Show Awards
2018 Next Creative Leaders announced
Next Creative Leaders for 2018. Images supplied.
Developed collaboratively by the organisations in 2015, Next Creative Leaders identifies and celebrates talented creative women who are making their mark with both great work and a workplace perspective on diversity that helps change the industry for the better. While most of the 2018 honourees currently work in the US, the program has a strong global element with three winners located outside the US and half of this year’s winners originally from other countries.
Next Creative Leaders for 2018 are:
- Nedal Ahmed, copywriter, Droga5, New York, NY, USA
- Lama Bawadi, copywriter, Leo Burnett, Beirut, Lebanon
- Maddy Kramer, art director, Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, NY, USA
- Julie Matheny, associate creative director, Droga5, New York, NY, USA
- Mietta McFarlane, copywriter, Droga5, New York, NY, USA (originally from Sydney, Australia)
- Krystle Mullin, associate creative director, RPA, Santa Monica, CA, USA (originally from Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Evelina Rönnung, art director, Forsman & Bodenfors, Stockholm, Sweden
- Jessica Shriftman, art director, Wieden+Kennedy, New York, NY, USA
- Gayatri Sriram, digital creative head, FCBUlka, New Delhi, India
- Lizzie Wilson, associate creative director, McCann New York, NY, USA
Inspiring the next generation of women
“The One Club for Creativity has a long-standing commitment to providing programming that helps solve the industry's diversity problem as opposed to just talking about it,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club.
“We created our own inclusion and diversity department nearly a decade ago, and are proud to support programs like Next Creative Leaders that identify, elevate and give voice to those who are making a real difference. They are the ones who are opening the door and inspiring the next generation of women who follow in their footsteps.”
The One Club for Creativity and the 3% Movement opens global call for entries for their joint Next Creative Leaders programme...
24 Jul 2018
“I’m proud of the level of talent and spirit embodied by this year’s Next Creative Leaders and their contribution to the industry,” Kat Gordon, founder, The 3% Movement.
Half of our winners are originally from outside the US, making this a true global showcase of diversity, advocacy and opportunity for people of every ethnicity.To make the Next Creative Leaders program as open and accessible as possible, there is no cost for entering the competition. Entrants were judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring and advocacy. Winners were selected by a jury of 42 top creatives, including past Next Creative Leaders winners. To view the complete jury list, click here.
This year’s Next Creative Leaders were featured at The 3% Conference, profiled on The One Club for Creativity website and The 3% Movement blog, promoted through the two organisations’ social media channels and invited to serve as judges for next year’s program.