|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R20000 - R30000 per month Cost to company|
|Company:||The Forum Company|
Job descriptionThe Forum has an exciting, opportunity bearing but demanding role in our Bryanston office. We are looking to employ an experienced and driven candidate in the capacity of accountant. The incumbent will assist the finance manager, attending day-to-day technical finance related tasks, drawing up budgets, etc. in the interest of the organisation.
Key tasks and outcomes:
- Responsible to manage the cash flow and supervise over the financial transactions within and outside the company.
- Control and protect the assets in the interest of the organisation. Reconcile to the assets register monthly.
- Report the fiscal profit/loss incurred on yearly or weekly basis.
- Interact with financial staff and ensure the audit spreadsheets are maintained every month/year.
- Handle the day to day job performance of the staff members and manage the payroll activities in approval of the manager. Upload into the bank once approved.
- Provide solutions on risk management.
- Assist the manager to obtain financial data from several sources such as expenses incurred in the month, day, etc.
- Providing reports to the financial manager within stipulated time frame. Reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts.
- Load creditors and sundry payments weekly
- Update Cashbook transactions daily and reconcile bank.
- Check credit card sales against deposits.
- Check and load Refunds and Commissions.
- Process credit card payments.
- Check Creditors and allocations.
- Follow up on outstanding debtors with debtors clerk
- Ensure supplier and customer forms are completed and obtain sign-off
- Prepare monthly journals for Financial Manager.
- Review and check salary input for the month.
- Upload salaries into Standard Bank for release.
- Update Fixed Assets schedule and calculate depreciation
- VAT and PAYE calculation and payment monthly.
- Assist HR with audit of BEE.
- Ensure all documents required by auditors are up to date.
- Prepare monthly journals.
- Calculate and prepare Sales Incentives and Waiters tips.
- Check and reconcile Petty cash monthly.
- Prepare separate set of Financials for Embassy Hill and do all control account recons.
- Prepare Staff loan schedules and reconcile monthly.
- BCom degree
- Two to five years' managerial experience. Must have managed staff and up to date with IR issues
- Strong computer knowledge and have an expertise in MS Excel
- Holds himself/herself accountable for achieving targets and getting results
- Excellent organisational skills
- In-depth knowledge about accounting and finance
- Aware of the data security act to safeguard the financial assets of the company
- Welcome change by keeping himself/herself informed about the changes regarding the financial regulations and legislations
- Calm and professional attitude to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to relate and network at all levels within an organisation
- Extremely organized and delivers to expectations
- Copes in pressurised situations and is able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Commercial understanding and focused on financial goals
- Builds business relationships with fellow colleagues/customers/suppliers with honesty and integrity
- Takes time to understand customer’s needs and then strives to exceed expectations by providing excellent service at all times
- Does everything possible to meet goals, while maintaining high quality standards of output within budgets and deadlines
- Shows respect for fellow colleagues by using appropriate language and tone, being punctual for meetings and responding to messages and requests for information promptly
- Innovative and resourceful
- Written communication
- Able to formulate strategies
- Seeks out detailed information in order to makes decisions
- Learns new things rapidly
Posted on 09 May 08:23
- Chartered Accountant, Johannesburg, Edenvale, Greenstone, Rage
- Accountant/Experienced Bookkeeper/Office Manager, Johannesburg, Bryanstan
- Accountant, Vereeniging, Christian Art Distributors
- Senior Accountant, Johannesburg, Midrand
- Financial Accountant, Johannesburg, East, ASC Group
- Accountant, Johannesburg, East, ASC Group
- Reporting Accountant, Johannesburg, Dunkeld, Sandton, Alliance Media
- Management Accountant, Johannesburg, Parktown
- Accountant, Johannesburg, Hyde Park, Dentsu Aegis Network