- More to NQF Amendment Act
- 2020 EE Report submissions open
- When completion of probation doesn't automatically mean permanent placement...
|Get jobs on your |
Financial Controller/Management Accountant
|Location:||Cape Town, City Bowl|
Job descriptionExciting technology company hiring a financial controller or management accountant to carry out financial reporting and maintain internal controls as part of a strong accounts team.
The job includes, but is not limited to:
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Preparation of financials for audit
- Budgeting and forecast modelling
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and weekly metrics reports
- Bank reconciliations
- Financial reporting for key clients
- Management of compliance (E.g. FIC, EAAB, Rental Housing Act)
- Oversight and improvement of internal controls
- Monthly reporting to insurance providers
- Risk reviews and recommendations
- Cost analysis and management
- Tax management
- Management of payments to suppliers
- Other reasonable company requests
Company DescriptionHouseME is an online platform that makes renting easy and accessible for both landlords and tenants. Founded in 2016 by two South Africans, HouseME has been featured on Cape Talk, 702, and more. As a technology company, it is swiftly disrupting residential renting, with first-mover advantage in South Africa.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate:
- Has a degree in accounting (BCom or equivalent); CA (SA) a bonus
- Has a minimum of four years’ experience at an accounting firm or similar
- Has experience ensuring internal compliance; experience with FIC or the EAAB a bonus
- Has excellent financial communication skills; experience with Xero a bonus
- Is incredibly hard-working and willing to go the extra mile
- Is keen to continuously learn and able to adapt quickly, often while under pressure.
- Has strong Excel skills
Posted on 03 Sep 10:54