- The importance of arbitration in today's workplace
- Is technology causing people to lose their jobs?
- Why more women should consider a career in compliance
|Get jobs on your |
Senior Business Analyst
|Location:||Cape Town, Northern suburbs|
Job descriptionAre you an ‘out of the box’ thinker who can back your ideas with hard research, a team player that is comfortable collaborating with developers, architects and business stakeholders? Are you a self-starter, enjoy taking initiative, take ownership of your source system and enjoy getting involved in the detail? If you can answer ‘yes’ to these, then Capfin has a Senior Business Analyst position available in the Finance delivery team? You will be responsible for capturing the business requirements of the business, write user stories and do analysis to support the delivery team.
RequirementsKey Performance Areas:
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Identify the appropriate stakeholders
- Determine the activities required to successfully complete the business analysis.
- Track and communicate the progress of work items throughout the SDLC.
- Accurately estimate the required business analysis of work items.
- For analysis purposes, have a detailed understanding of the source system (including accounting structure, rules and calculations)
Requirements Elicitation, Management and Collaboration
- Investigate, evaluate, design and propose solutions to address business requirements.
- Validate that the stated requirements match the stakeholders’ expectations.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, model, and then document their requirements and business domain details.
- Structure the requirements in the agreed format so that it is understandable by all stakeholders
- Ensure the timely analysis and documentation of business requirements for the delivery team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to help the team work together and to provide a good service.
- Communicate the requirements to all stakeholders and obtain stakeholder sign off within the estimate.
- Facilitate meetings, give presentations, resolve conflict and negotiate and influence others.
- Workshop with a group to capture several independent sources of information relating to the project, gaining consensus where possible.
- Capture areas of opposing opinion.
- Ensure that requirements are prioritized.
- Use a combination of text, matrices, diagrams and formal models to conceptualise the requirements.
- Define Assumptions, Constraints and Risks.
- Ensure that requirements specifications meet the necessary standard of quality.
- Validate that all requirements support the Capfin business architecture.
Solution Assessment and Validation
- Ensure that the proposed solution meet the stakeholders’ requirements.
- Assist the testing team to ensure the solution is validated against the business requirements
- Assess whether the organisation is ready to make effective use of the solution.
- Identify new capabilities required to meet the business need.
- Define which new capabilities a project iteration will deliver.
Life Cycle Management
- Use a combination of text, matrices, diagrams and formal models to conceptualise the business requirements.
- Ensure that the requirement specifications meet the necessary standard of quality.
- Act as interface with business and the delivery team during the SDLC.
- Understands and can describe the basic function of the business’s core system.
- 3-year tertiary qualification in relevant technical/financial/analytical related field of study
- Diploma in Business Analysis from FTI or equivalent
- 6 Years in a similar role in a formal business analysis environment
- Business knowledge: Finance Industry
- Good understanding of business analysis concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Ability to facilitate, research, model and define requirements
- Experience working in a scrum development process.
- Quick problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience in using SQL to query databases and complete test cases is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to help the team work together and to provide a good service
- Information gathering and problem analysis
- Applying Professional / Specialist / Technical Expertise
- Creating and Innovating
- Quality and Detail orientation
- Developing Self
- Detail Orientated
Posted on 06 Sep 11:25
Capfin is the South African brand of the global Southern View Finance (SVF) group of companies, based in the northern suburbs of the Western Cape. The SVF Group of companies conducts an international unsecured lending business, offering technologically driven, responsible and friendly loan products to the mass market.
|Recent jobs by Capfin||City||Date posted|
|Corporate Governance Officer||Cape Town||10 Sep 16:09|
|Senior Data Engineer||Cape Town||06 Sep 12:34|
|Senior Business Analyst||Cape Town||06 Sep 11:25|
Get job alerts for Business Analyst jobs
- Business Plan Analyst, Cape Town, Southern suburbs, Home Choice
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Business Analyst, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Intermediate Business Analyst, Cape Town, Belville, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Junior Insights Analyst, Cape Town, Claremont
- Technical SEO Analyst, Cape Town, Woodstock
- E-commerce Analyst, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- E-Commerce Analyst, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- E-Commerce Analyst, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Continuous Improvement/Growth Analyst, Cape Town, Recruit Digital