One Show Awards
SA's SJ Myeza to serve on One Club's Young Guns 16 Jury!
The One Club for Creativity is the world's foremost non-profit organisation recognising creative excellence in advertising and design. Its Young Guns in turn celebrates international creative professionals age 30 or younger through its cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition of both professional and personal work..
South African filmmaker SJ Myeza of 7Films was presented with the first-ever Young Guns Creative Choice Award...
17 Nov 2017
Myeza, a Young Gun 15 winner, will be one of 61 creative leaders from 19 countries serving as judges.
identifying the next generation of creative leaders
More than half of this year's jury are past Young Guns winners, with ADC executive director Michael O’Rourke, explaining:
Young Guns 16 winners become part of an elite, career-long global creative community of past YGs who often reconnect over the years to refer work, collaborate on projects and help advance each other’s careers.
The One Club's Young Gun 16 jury
- Sahar Afshar, type designer, Birmingham, UK
- Alex Bec, director, co-owner, The Hudsonbeo Group, London, UK
- Thomas Berger, senior vice president of design and brand creative, MTV/VH1/Logo, New York, NY, USA
- Amy Boe, group creative director, POSSIBLE, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Nina Boesch, senior UX designer, Local Projects, New York, NY, USA (YG7)
- Maxi Borrego, brand creative director, MTV International, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Tom Brown, director, Psyop, New York, NY, USA (YG13)
- Jordan Bruner, animation director, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA (YG11)
- Catherine Chesters, visual storyteller, Elsie & Co., New York, NY, USA (YG2)
- Elan Cole, creative director, NYC & Company, New York, NY, USA (YG1)
- Alyssa Coscarelli, senior fashion market editor, Refinery29, New York, NY, USA
- Ashwini Deshpande, cofounder, director, Elephant, Pune, India
- Kimberly Dulaney, art director, illustrator, designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (YG9)
- Faust, artist, New York, NY, USA (YG12)
- Lauren Ferreira, senior copywriter, Droga5, New York, NY, USA
- Louise Fili, director, Louise Fili Ltd., New York, NY, USA
- Wendy W Fok, creative director, trained architect (spatial), WE-DESIGNS, New York, NY, USA and Hong Kong (YG11)
- Devan Harlan, artist, art director, New York, NY, USA (YG6)
- Ekene Ijeoma, artist, designer, Studio Ijeoma, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Patrick Janelle, chief executive officer, Untitled Secret, New York, NY, USA
- Verónica Fuerte Julve, founder, art director, Hey Studio, Barcelona, Spain (YG7)
- Andrius Kirvela, digital artist, director, PetPunk, Vilnius, Lithuania (YG7)
- Menno Kluin, chief creative officer, 360i, New York, NY, USA (YG6)
- Gracia Lam, illustrator, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (YG8)
- Cecile Larssen Lønning, creative director, Larssen & Amaral, Haugesund, Norway
- Shawn Lovejoy, global director, packing design, Tom Ford Beauty, New York, NY, USA
- Heather Luipold, creative lead, Google Creative Lab, New York, NY, USA
- Emily Macrae, designer, London, UK (YG10)
- PieterJan Mattan, creative director, Studio Mattan, New York, NY, USA
- Pablo Medina, graphic designer, typographer, artist, Design is Culture, New York, NY, USA (YG3)
- Aviva Michaelov, design director, The New Yorker, Conde Nast, New York, NY, USA
- Luisa Milani, creative director, La Tigre, Milan, Italy (YG10)
- Javin Mo, founder, design director, Milkxhake, Hong Kong (YG5)
- Siphiwe SJ Myeza, director, partner, 7Films, Cape Town, South Africa (YG15)
- Julia Neumann, ECD, TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York, NY, USA (YG7)
- Eiko Ojala, illustrator, Tallinn, Estonia (YG11)
- Juan Carlos Pagan, designer, art director, creative director, Sunday Afternoon, New York, NY, USA (YG11)
- Jason Peterson, co-chairman, chief creative officer, Havas Worldwide, Chicago, IL USA
- Pinar&Viola, digital artists, Paris, France
- Leigh Reyes, president, chief creative officer, MullenLowe Group Philippines, Makati, Philippines
- Jesse Rieser, photographer, Phoenix, AZ, USA (YG9)
- Melatan Riden, partner, creative director, Not an Office, New York, NY, USA
- Bernardo Romero, senior vice president, group creative director, Area 23/FCB Health, New York, NY, USA
- Elina Rudkovsky, senior copywriter, M:United/McCann New York, New York, NY, USA
- Pedro Sampiao, art director, BBDO, New York, NY, USA (YG15)
- Elaine McMillion Sheldon, director, Charleston, WV, USA (YG14)
- Brad Sherman, partner, FLOAT Studio, New York, NY, USA
- Helena Skonieczny, creative director, 72andSunny, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Jake Smallman, creative director, Self-titled, Melbourne, Australia (YG7)
- Shanti Sparrow, creative director, head of teaching, illustrator, Shillington School of Design, New York, NY, USA
- Studio AH-HA, Lisbon, Portugal (YG13)
- Mária Švarbová, photographer, art director, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Amber Vittoria, illustrator, New York, NY, USA (YG15)
- Daniel Vosovic, founder, creative director, THE KIT, New York, NY, USA
- Jessica Walsh, designer, art director, cofounder, Sagmeister & Walsh, New York, NY, USA (YG8)
- Jennifer Whitney, creative director, N/A Collective, New York, NY, USA (YG15)
- Merel Witteman, art director, KesselsKramer, Amsterdam, Netherlands (YG14)
- Kelly Woh, group creative director, Ogilvy, Shanghai, China
- Masuru Yokoi, creative director, art director, TV Asahi, Tokyo, Japan (YG4)
- Daniel Zender, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA (YG13)
- Zim&Zou, illustrators, Nancy, France (YG12)
How Young Guns works
Young Guns competitions attract entries from upwards of 70 countries, with more than half of the entries coming from outside the US. It's open to creatives age 30 and under who have been working for at least two years, whether full-time or freelance. Eligible entrants can submit a combination of professional and personal work in graphic design; advertising art direction and copywriting; architectural, environmental and interior design; industrial and product design; digital (UX/UI, experiential design, interactive, web design, apps, game development): film and animation (motion design, television, video); fashion; typography and lettering; illustration and photography.
Among the winners announced for the One Club's Young Guns 15 is South African filmmaker SJ Myeza from 7Films...
2 Nov 2017
Deadline for entry is 15 June 2018 and the online entry system is open now at http://www.youngguns.org. This year’s winners will be recognised at the Young Guns 16 celebration and party on 15 November 2018 at the Highline Ballroom in New York.
They will receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, with their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website.
Winners also receive a complimentary one-year membership to The One Club for Creativity, permanent membership in the Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.