LONDON: Rodney Fitch CBE, chairman and CEO of Fitch Worldwide, will lead the inaugural Design Lions judging proceedings that will take place in Cannes during the 55th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival week, the organisers announced yesterday, Tuesday, 25 March 2008.
The first Design Lions will be handed out to the winners on Wednesday evening, 18 June, together with the Press and Cyber Lions winners.
“We recognised from the outset the importance of having a very good jury president in year one and a very good jury in year one. I think we have achieved both objectives. We have an international team of the highest quality who will set the benchmark for Design at Cannes for the years ahead," said Philip Thomas, festival CEO.
The design jury members are:
- UK, Rodney Fitch, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Fitch (Jury President)
- Brazil, Frederico Gelli, creative director, Tátil Design
- Denmark, Jesper von Wieding, strategic creative director & partner, Scandinavian DesignLab
- France, Sylvia Vitale Rotta, CEO, Team Creatif
- Germany, Florian Dengler, creative director, MetaDesign
- Italy, Claudia Neri, art/design director & owner, TeiknaDesign
- Japan, Kazufumi Nagai, executive creative director, Hakuhodo Design
- New Zealand, Derek Lockwood, worldwide director of design, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Singapore, Alvin Tan, creative director, Phunk Studio
- Sweden, Anders Kornestedt, creative director, Happy F&B
- UK, Jonathan Ford, creative partner, Pearlfisher
- USA, Steff Geissbuhler, founding partner, C&G Partners
- USA, Nancye Green, CEO, Waterworks
Design Lions will honour the creative and innovative use of design for the brand, product communication and development. Categories will broadly include Packaging Design, Brand Identity and Environmental Design. Entries will be rewarded for Creativity, Originality, Execution and Consumer Engagement.
The 55th International Advertising Festival will be held 15 - 21 June 2008 in Cannes, France. For more information, go to www.canneslions.com.