The South African Brandy Guild has announced the induction of six new members for their contribution in raising awareness around the world-class qualities of South African brandy. The inauguration took place last week during the Guild's 30th anniversary celebration dinner at Cavalli Estate, near Stellenbosch.
L - R: Christelle Reade-Jahn Director South African Brandy Foundation, José de Achadinha Owner Overland Group, Pete Goffe-Wood Celebrity Chef and Masterchef South Africa Judge, Jan Scannell CEO of Distell (Retired), Caroline Snyman Chairman South African Brandy Foundation, Tony Conde National Category Manager Spirits for Makro, Nicolaos Eleftheriadis Marketing Director of Fournews Developments, Kurt Moore Vice-Chairman South African Brandy Foundation
The new members are:
- Jan Scannell, who retired last year after 34 years' service to Distillers Corporation and later as head of Distell, South Africa's leading liquor business.
- José de Achadinha, founder and co-owner of Overland Liquors, a company with 194 franchises throughout South Africa.
- Nicolaos Eleftheriadis, who has been in the food and beverage industry for over two decades and currently oversees national brands such as News Café, Cafe Fino, Smooch and Illy Go!
- Nomfanekiso Noqa, owner and founder of the 21-year-old Fanie's Place hospitality enterprise in Langa, where she is also very active in community development.
- Pete Goffe-Wood, a 28-year veteran chef who is most famous as one third of the trio of chef-judges on MasterChef SA.
- Tony Conde, who has been active in the liquor industry since 1996 and part of the Makro team for the past 12 years.
The Guild comprises individuals, identified by the South African Brandy Foundation and its partners, whose contributions and enthusiasm for the quality and craftsmanship of South African brandy make them ambassadors in their own right.
"It is with gratitude that we acknowledge the efforts of these latest inductees into the SA Brandy Guild," says Christelle Reade-Jahn, director of the SA Brandy Foundation. "They join a collection of prominent South Africans who reflect the qualities inherent in the fine spirit, a consistent top achiever in local and international competitions."
Fine Brandy Fusion dates announced
The dates for Fine Brandy Fusion 2015 have been announced. The event will take place on 4-5 June at the Sandton Convention Centre and 25-26 June at the CTICC in Cape Town.