D&AD Awards announces its second shortlist
© D&AD Twitter.
This brings the total number of entries on the D&AD Shortlist so far to 575. 21 of these entries fall into the newly formed ‘Next’ subcategory, a platform for emerging creatives, designers and crafts practitioners who have worked in the industry for three years at most.
The D&AD Awards has announced its first shortlist with 144 entries being shortlisted after stage one of D&AD judging...
20 May 2019
The Top 5 ranking countries by number of all Shortlisted Entries so far are:
- United States - 160 Entries
- United Kingdom - 120 Entries
- France - 30 Entries
- Germany - 25 Entries
- Brazil / Japan - 20 Entries
Shortlisted Next Entrants include 7 from the United Kingdom, 4 from Germany and 3 from Australia.
The Top 5 ranking companies by number of all Shortlisted Entries so far are:
- adam&eveDDB - 21 Entries
- McCann New York - 16 Entries
- Ogilvy Chicago - 10 Entries
- TBWA\Paris - 8 Entries
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab - 8 Entries
The total number of entries shortlisted in the categories announced today are:
- Press and Outdoor - 104 Entries
- PR - 82 Entries
- Creativity For Good - 55 Entries
- Experiential - 45 Entries
- Direction - 41 Entries + 3 Next Directors
- Typography - 34 Entries
- Visual Effects - 18 Entries + 1 Next VFX Artist
- Production Design - 11 Entries + 1 Next Production Designer
- Magazine and Newspaper Design - 36 Entries
All 575 pieces will be listed in the 57th D&AD Annual published later this year.
The 575 shortlisted pieces announced so far is only for 14 out of the total 34 categories, and this includes the 144 entries shortlisted across the first 5 categories announced yesterday. Shortlists are being announced as the judging closes for each category and the final shortlist announcement encompassing all categories will take place on 20 May. For the shortlist announced so far and further information on the schedule, please see the end of this press release.
To keep up with all the latest from D&AD, follow the Liveblog and look out for the official #DANDAD19 hashtag on social media.