Ending off its 12th successive year, the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC) in association with World Famous Events, announced South Africa's 'Top 20' for the 2020 South African Small Business Awards. These annual awards have gathered a diverse range of entries all with one thing in common, a driving entrepreneurial force.
“Despite the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are astounded at the diversity, quality and number of entrants this year, but equally encouraged as it shows the depth and breadth of South Africa’s entrepreneurial spirit. Growing small and medium businesses is vital to the local economy and its ever-growing rate of unemployment. This type of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit will undoubtedly cultivate a much healthier business landscape for all involved,” says Mike Anderson, founder and CEO of the NSBC.
The 2020 ‘Top 20’ all receive a ‘Top 20’ Winner Award, and are all automatic finalists for the category and special awards. Anderson says the categories are selected with strategic intent, paying homage to sectors within the business landscape that potentially present greater stumbling blocks to success.
The 2020 categories are as follows:
- 2020 National Small Business Champion
- 2020 National Entrepreneur Champion
- 2020 National Woman in Business Champion
- 2020 National Start-Up Award
- 2020 National Special Awards
The 2020 awards are sponsored by Discovery, Absa, Vodacom, Netstar and MTN.
“We are humbled by the support of such esteemed industry leaders. Without their commitment to building tomorrow’s entrepreneurs, these businesses, would have fewer opportunities to thrive and flourish,” says Anderson.
The ‘Top 20’ not only get acknowledged as winners for this accomplishment, but are also in line to win a category and/or a special award.
“Each entrant has in some way made a difference to someone’s life, either through employing them or by offering services to them. At the heart of this great nation is its people and I am proud to be associated with all these very worthy winners,” says Anderson.
He says that the NSBC would not only like to congratulate the ‘Top 20’, but also thank them for their positivity and resilience during these trying times as well as their relentless commitment to building a better tomorrow. This year’s Gala Awards will be unique as it will be virtual. The virtual event will take place on Thursday, 19 November 2020.
In alphabetical order, the ‘Top 20’ for the 2020 South African Small Business Awards finalists are as follows:
- ACDC Express Rustenburg - Thabo Kgowana
- Bridgement - Daniel Goldberg
- Bumba Tecnos - Bongani Mkhwebane
- Digemy - Kobus Louw
- Elenjical Solutions - Tinu Sabu
- Global Unique Fabric - Shakeel Karjieker
- Honeycomb BEE Ratings - Deirdre Mitchell
- Ikusasa Technology Solutions - Thusile Dlamini
- Imagin Eight - Adam Rabinowitz
- Kopano Creative Concepts - Melita Mohlala
- Medinox - Mike Labuschangne
- Mintor - Leanne Viviers
- NK Innovations - Mo Malele
- Pro Talent - Cindy Norcott
- Task Interior Styling - Malehu Langa
- The Tax Shop Hartbeespoort - Kimberly Ebersohn
- Tigerfish Software - Gary Goldie
- The Zinto Marketing Group - Michelle Combrinck
- Vision Tactical - Yasheen Theba
- Xero - Colin Timmis
To find out more, go to www.smallbizawards.co.za