Radisson Hotel Group has launched its new brand, Radisson Individuals.
According to Federico J. González, CEO, Radisson Hotel Group: "The launch of Radisson Individuals marks another milestone in our five-year transformation plan to be recognised as one of the top three hotel brands in the world. We created Radisson Individuals in response to the evolving demands of the modern market for both hotel owners and guests."
Radisson Individuals hotels are selected for their own characteristics and personalities, offering guests an opportunity to discover new locations around the world.
"Joining Radisson Individuals is an ideal first step for individual hotels with strong service scores who wish to remain independent or may be considering transitioning to one of our successful core brands, as well as a strong proposition for local, regional hotel brands seeking to explore additional distribution channels and/or co-branding options."
A number of hotels have already joined Radisson Individuals in the UK and Asia with additional properties in discussions in Italy, Germany, Russia and beyond. Hotels wishing to join Radisson Individuals will undertake a compliance assessment focusing on four key parameters
• SGS health and safety compliance,
• Online Index evaluated through their GRI,
• Compliance with Fire & Life Safety, and
• Ability to connect to the group’s main operating systems.
Elie Younes, executive vice president and chief development officer, Radisson Hotel Group, said: "Radisson Individuals offer owners the necessary flexibility to shape their future and ensure their success by joining Radisson Hotel Group. It is a unique approach where each affiliated hotel measures success and standards based on the online scoring from guests. In simple terms, it is a brand for hotels with a proven record of happy guests."Sustaining local businesses
Ramsay Rankoussi, vice president, development for Africa and Turkey, Radisson Hotel Group, added: "Following the negative impact of Covid-19 across our industry, we anticipate that many individual hotel owners would seek the recognition and the efficiencies that we can offer without losing their autonomy and historical legacy.
"We aim to support local entrepreneurs across Africa and beyond whom have worked tirelessly to establish their hotels and now need the access to our distribution channels but also our wider network and procurement platform to sustain their businesses.
"We believe Radisson Individuals is not only the answer to a positive value proposition within the current climate but also provides further solidarity across our sector. Our simple approach coupled with the pragmatism of that affiliation model should open a range of opportunities across the continent and we welcome all our future partners that see the benefits of joining our group be it individual hotels or local and regional hotel chains."
In addition, Radisson Hotel Group has signed ten new hotels across EMEA in Q3 2020 in the UK, Italy, Ukraine, Germany, Egypt, and Nigeria. The new signings build on the 15 hotel signings which were announced in Q2 2020 and re-affirm the group’s commitment to its owners, employees, guests and partners. New signings include
• Henrietta House, a member of Radisson Individuals, Bath, UK (Opening 2020)
• River House Hotel, a member of Radisson Individuals, Inverness, UK (Opening 2021)
• Radisson Blu Hotel, Sheffield, UK (Opening 2023)
• Radisson Residences, Baden Württemberg, Germany (Opening 2023)
• Radisson Hotel, Florence, Italy (Opening 2021)
• Radisson Collection Hotel, Venice, Italy (Opening 2021)
• Radisson Hotel, Odessa, Ukraine (Opening 2021)
• Radisson Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria (Opening 2022)
• Radisson Blu Residences, Mekka in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Opening 2022)
• Radisson Blu Resort, Port Ghalib, Egypt (Opening 2023)