A two-day conference themed "Regional Connectivity: Making inter-state transport work in Africa" will take place from 11-12 July 2018 at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit. The Federation of Eastern and Southern African Road Transport Associations (FESARTA), together with Supply Chain Today and CVLC are hosting the conference alongside TruckX, South Africa's all-encompassing, interactive event for the commercial transport industry.
Photo by mrigendra chauhan on Unsplash
Programme director Gerard de Villiers, who is a logistics specialist at Arup, explains: “The programme focuses on operational issues and the day-to-day challenges and solutions affecting road transport in the region. It includes perspectives from freight forwarders, operators, agencies, SADC, corridor initiatives, telematics, security, legal, technology, business, as well as the transporter”.
- SADC perspective: Lovemore Bingandadi - “Tripartite transit and trade facilitation programme (TTTFP)”
- Telematics perspective: Prof Alwyn Hoffman, NWU (Potchefstroom Campus) - “Tracking and tracing cargo from origin to destination through connectivity”
- Customs perspective of cross-border operations: Juanita Maree, South African Association of Freight Forwarders (SAAFF) - “Establishment of a private sector grouping in the ESA Region”
- Maputo corridor logistics initiative perspective: Barbara Mommen, CEO of MCLI - “Current challenges and possible solutions for regional connectivity”
- Cross-border road transport agency perspective: Sipho Khumalo, CEO of the C-BRTA - “Streamlining border processes through system improvements”
- Technology perspective: Big data in regional connectivity: Dr Johan Andersen, CEO of TECHSO - “Need for and use of big data in regional transport movements”
- Operator perspective: Kamogelo Mmutlana, CEO of Barloworld Logistics - “Operator challenges in regional transport”
- Legal perspective of cross-border operations: Andrew Pike, head of ports, transport and logistics - South Africa: Bowmans “Compliance Challenges”
Who should attend?
- Regional importers and exporters
- Freight forwarders
- Cross-border transporters
- Government officials
- Transport associations
- Cargo owners
- Logistics executives
- Supply chain and logistics service providers
- Transport managers and
- Equipment providers
For more, visit www.supplychaintoday.co.za