Ad Stars have announced 34 judges from around the world, including Liam Wielopolski, chief creative officer, DDB South Africa.
These judges will judge the Ad Stars 2018 Awards, taking place in Busan, Korea on Saturday 25 August.
Ad Stars received 20,342 entries to this year’s awards, cementing its position as the biggest global advertising awards platform that is based in Asia. A panel of remote judges has already selected the finalists, which will now be judged by the 34 final and executive judges listed below.
Ad Stars has also recruited 11 executives to judge the New Stars and Young Stars competitions. The New Stars program is open to anyone with less than three years’ industry experience, or who is aged below 30. The Young Stars program gives people studying at college or university the chance to get ahead in the advertising industry before they’ve even graduated.
This year’s Ad Stars, New Stars and Young Stars judges by country are:Australia
- Matty Burton, creative chief, Google Zoo Asia Pacific Jen Speirs, deputy executive creative director at BMF
- Lenilson Lima, creative director, Agência Um
- Jan Hendrik Ott, executive creative director, Jung von Matt China
- David Yang, vice president and general manager, BlueFocus Digital Marketing Agency
- Weiwen (Kevin) Guo, general manager of strategic cooperation & marketing innovation department, Ctrip Travel Group
- Yan (Cindy) Chen, partner & chief strategy officer, Focus Media Group China (New Star judge) Windy Wu, marketing general manager of advertising platform at Meituan (Young Stars judge)
- Franz Roeppischer, creative innovation director at Serviceplan Group (In addition to judging the Ad Stars 2018 Awards, Roeppischer is judging this year’s Young Stars competition.)
- Gábor Spielmann, creative director & partner, Kabooom (New Star judge)
- Vasudha Misra, executive creative director at BBH India
- Kok Keong Chow, executive creative director, Hakuhodo Indonesia. (In addition to judging the Ad Stars 2018 Awards, Chow is this year’s Young Stars jury president.)
- Timo Mitsuaki Otsuki. CEO/founder, Connection Marina Danjo, copywriter at Dentsu Inc.
- Satoko Takada, creative director at McCann Japan Sei Sugiyama, creative director at Ogilvy Japan
- Minoru Yashima, executive communication director, ADK (New Stars judge) Daiji Yoshida, Tohokushinsha Film Corp, Japan (Young Stars judge)
- Hyunjung Cho, creative director, Innocean Worldwide Eunha Bhang, executive creative director, HS Ad
- Moonsong Pyo, chief creative officer/vice-president, AdQUA Unbound Mangi Baek, creative director at Cheil Worldwide
- Taeho Shin, creative director, Cheil Worldwide (New Star judge)
- Seonyeon Lee, account executive at TBWA Korea Korea (Young Stars judge)
- Swee Ling Ng, film director, Directors Think Tank
- Andrei Ivanoff, creative VP, MullenLowe Mexico
- Ujaya Shakya, managing director, Outreach Nepal
- Toby Talbot, chief creative officer, Saatchi & Saatchi New Zealand (executive judge)
- Joey David Tiempo, executive creative director at Nuworks Interactive Labs. (In addition to judging the Ad Stars 2018 Awards, Tiempo is this year’s New Stars jury president.)
- Joji Jacob, co-founder and creative partner, BLK J (executive judge) Guan Hin Tay, global executive creative director, JWT Singapore
- Liam Wielopolski, chief creative officer, DDB South Africa
- Anna Qvennerstedt, copywriter, senior partner and chairman of the board at Forsman and Bodenfors (executive judge)
- Richard Yu, chief creative officer, ADK Taiwan
United Arab Emirates
- Warunpon Trithepwijit, creative director at Sour Bangkok
- Woon Hoh, chief creative officer at Hakuhodo Asia Pacific (executive judge)
- Tahaab Aslam Rais, regional head of strategy and truth central, FP7/McCann Worldgroup MENA
United States of America
- Judy Hill, executive producer, Nexus Studios
- Brett Macfarlane, principal at Method Inc. (New Star judge)
- Ari Halper, chief creative officer at FCB New York (executive judge) Kash Sree, executive creative director, Gyro
- Paul Busschau, creative director, Happiness Saigon
“We would like to thank all the executives who are making time to judge this year’s awards,” says Hwan Jin Choi, chairman of the Ad Stars Executive Committee. “Not only are they responsible for choosing the winners of the Ad Stars 2018 Awards, they will also select our Grand Prix of the Year winners, which will be awarded a cash prize of US$10,000 apiece. It’s a big responsibility but they are the perfect candidates for the job.”
Winners will be revealed on the last night of the 11th Ad Stars festival, a three-day festival of ideas and creativity that runs from 23rd to 25th August 2018 at Bexco (Busan Exhibition and Convention Center).
For more information about Ad Stars 2018 or to purchase tickets, click here