I am often asked this by the motivational speakers that my agency represents. 80 percent of our speakers are well known and paid to give keynotes at conferences and to companies mainly in Europe. But the remaining 20 percent of our speakers are new comers to the circuit.
By Jonathan Curran 17 Dec 2014 08:53
"When people are more educated and feel that they have more sense of self-worth and more value in terms of what's inside them, they just naturally treat each other better. I think that kind of self-worth does lead to happiness, I don't think it's the only thing that creates happiness, but it definitely is a factor in societal happiness, on all metrics." - Taddy Blecher.
15 Dec 2014 10:28
On Friday, 31 October 2014, the English for Professional Development (EPD) unit hosted its annual certificate ceremony. It was a glamorous affair. Students and facilitators dressed up for the occasion. It was clear that people who enjoy studying English also have a good sense of fashion.
The concept of Black Friday and Green Monday is still new in South Africa, though widely promoted in the US and UK. It has discounted offers on various goods, not only retail or electronic but across a wide array of services and industries...
8 Dec 2014 13:00
When it comes to strategic planning, the humorist Sam Levenson makes a keen observation: "Some people are so good at learning the tricks of the trade that they never get to learn the trade." The result is that we have a document that is so generic - full of platitudes and fancy words (the tricks of the trade) - that we land up with something no one can really relate to. And if we can't relate to something, we seldom become involved.
By Sid Peimer 2 Dec 2014 09:39
Malcolm Furber, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, (CIMA), Fellow of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa, Companion of the Chartered Management Institute (UK) and a member of the South African Institute of Management, will present a workshop for senior executives on 2-3 December 2014 in Johannesburg.
Issued by Litha Communications 28 Nov 2014 11:29
With risk exposure on the up-and-up, global crisis management brand guru Alan Hilburg is set to deliver a master class in 'crisis-proofing' your company in Johannesburg early next year.
Issued by ITWeb 28 Nov 2014 09:56
The Academy for African Filmmakers (AAF) is a new initiative by Unilever and MOFILM to help young African talent develop their storytelling and pitching skills while working on real live Unilever briefs with the possibility of having their work broadcast.
27 Nov 2014 16:15
Cloud computing and mobile business solutions are clearing the way for companies to be more agile and efficient in the way that they use technology to support their training efforts.
By Ivanna Granelli 27 Nov 2014 10:18
I think Coca Cola's 2020 Vision sums up nicely what accountability is all about: "If it is to be, it's up to me". In the words of Ghandi, "be the change you want to see in the world". The sad reality, however, is that there are too many spectators pointing fingers from the sidelines about all that's wrong with the world. And, in South Africa especially, there exists a sense of entitlement that undermines the idea of doing what is best and right for the communities and businesses in which we operate.
By Deirdre Elphick-Moore 26 Nov 2014 07:31