Tata Motors has launched its new generation range of light commercial vehicles - Tata Ultra.
According to the company, the Tata Ultra is designed and tested for South African conditions and will deliver five key benefits:
- Ultra versatility with multiple wheelbase and payload options.
- Ultra performance with a powerful 140 PS CR engine and new generation six-speed overdrive transmission.
- Ultra comfort with extra space, ergonomic seating, best-in-class NVH and standard HVAC ensuring higher driver productivity.
- Ultra style with elegant and stylish aerodynamically designed cabin.
- Ultra safety with full air brake and a cabin meeting European safety norms
The vehicles offer class-leading features such as widest cabin and track that makes it one of the most versatile platforms for wider and longer bodies. With three wheelbase options and payloads ranging from three to eight tons, the Ultra platform is designed to deliver across applications making this offering a true business utility vehicle.
Commenting on the occasion, Rudrarup Maitra, vice president, commercial vehicles, international business, Tata Motors said, “The Tata Ultra range is a result of extensive feedback from customers in the South African market and we are proud to introduce this pioneering range of trucks here in South Africa. The Tata Ultra 814 is the first variant to be launched in South Africa and we are looking forward to launching the Ultra 1014 and the AMT versions of both models in the new year."
The Ultra range will be assembled locally at the Tata Motors South Africa (TMSA) plant situated at Rosslyn, Pretoria.