BRISTOL (Conn), US: Leading football website's comprehensive coverage now available via mobile app.
- Highly personalised and relevant to user's location, app offers news, scores and analysis from major football leagues worldwide
- App available on iPhone at launch; Android, Windows Phone and Symbian to follow
ESPNsoccernet, one of the world's leading online football destinations, is launching a free new mobile application to give fans access to its content wherever they are.
The app, which will initially launch in English-language, is available to download now on Apple and later on Android, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian devices. With the latest news and information, it will offer fans the depth and quality of football coverage that the ESPNsoccernet website provides.
The app joins ESPN's range of mobile sporting content, including the ESPNF1 and ESPNcricinfo apps as well as ESPN Goals in the UK, the free and only mobile app which brings UK fans action and goals from every Barclays Premier League match within just minutes of it taking place.Key features of the new ESPNsoccernet application include:
- Personalisation: Football fans can personalise the app by their favourite leagues, teams and tournaments they want to follow. This makes it simple for fans to view all the scores from their favourite teams across leagues in a single window. Personalisation also groups all news about the various teams a fan wants to follow. Fans can check scores and news from multiple leagues via simple switching of tabs.
- Exclusive video & audio: Access to ESPNsoccernet's range of video and podcasts including ESPNsoccernet Press Pass podcast, plus, video content from ESPN's studio-based discussion and analysis shows and other video content dependent on territory.
- Push notification: Football fans get scores, half time and full time result alerts delivered to their device screens.
- Comprehensive football coverage: The latest football news and features, as well as live scores, commentary, match stats, fixtures and results, league tables, player and club profiles. Major leagues from the UK, Europe and across the world will be covered, as well as international football and all major tournaments.
- Intuitive design: The app has been built around the principle that football fans need to access scores and news very quickly. The app features a simple, clear interface that allows fans to switch quickly between multiple leagues and scores in a personalised area of the app.
Tom Gleeson, vice president, digital media, ESPN International said: "ESPNsoccernet is already well established as a leading online football service and this new app will bring the best of the website straight to fans' mobiles - wherever they are. Across the world, ESPN is building a growing stable of mobile services which help us connect fans to the sports they love. We are committed to providing fans, brands and partners with the best content possible, whether online, on mobile or on television."
William Hill has signed up as the app's exclusive UK betting partner. As well as display advertising, William Hill will be integrated into the UK app with a 'bet now' button enabling users to place bets as the action happens.
Alan Fagan, director advertising sales, ESPN EMEA: "Our multi-platform coverage of Europe's top football leagues is a popular part of the ESPN offering to fans and brands alike. Our agreement with William Hill reflects how we can deliver value to top-flight advertisers, connecting them with loyal and passionate UK football fans across multiple screens. ESPN has an unrivalled ability to serve advertisers with local precision and solutions in the UK, and in markets around the world."
Fiona Stevenson, head of Mobile Marketing at William Hill said: "We are delighted with this new opportunity with ESPN who becomes the latest company to partner with us on mobile betting. The integration will allow sports fans to bet seamlessly with William Hill, the UK's leading bookmaker."