Subscribe to industry newsletters
Construction & Engineering trends
CSI & Sustainability trends
Energy & Mining trends
HR & Recruitment trends
Logistics & Transport trends
Marketing & Media trends
#BizTrends2018: Five data trends that are influencing healthcare
- Improvements in efficiency and cost South Africa, like the rest of the world, is focusing on how payments are being made for healthcare services, while also focusing on quality and outcomes, population health, prevention, greater transparency and how public money is spent.
- Predictive analytics Health systems around the world are now seeing the massive potential predictive analytics has to offer to improve processes and patient care. From predicting patient activity in the emergency room, to length of stay in paediatric care, this technology is a key part of the analytics future in health.
- The inability to integrate data from multiple sources In order to have insights into your operations, it is often necessary to juxtapose various data sources to yield a new key performance indicator. Without these insights, it becomes difficult to make data-driven decisions.
- Data governance There is a big focus on data analytical products that have a quick turnaround but healthcare providers could be running the risk of ungoverned data decision-making. Without government best-practice guidelines or benchmarks (for example length of stay), information can be misinterpreted.
- Visualisation The ability to easily access data.