The BlackBerry App World is now available in nine additional African countries. Customers in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Lesotho can now discover, download a wide range of mobile applications for their BlackBerry smartphones.
"We are delighted to be introducing BlackBerry App World to customers in an additional nine African markets today [9 November 2011]," says Waldi Wepener, regional director for East, West and Central Africa, Research In Motion. "A rich catalog of BlackBerry apps is waiting to help customers personalise their smartphone, while also making personal time more fun and work time more productive."Key features include
- Intuitive Design - The BlackBerry App World helps users easily discover the latest and most popular apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen.
- My Account - My Account makes managing your BBID (BlackBerry ID) and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- My World Features - My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps, showing which apps are installed, uninstalled or if there is an update available. Users can also easily manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users are notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing - when a user finds an app they love, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS.
- App Details Screen - At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more.
- Search Options - Quickly find apps through the Search Bar, which appears on the storefront home screen and within each category, providing users with the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular.
Customers can download the app to their smartphone by visiting www.blackberry.com/appworld
. BlackBerry App World can then be accessed over both Wi-Fi and mobile phone networks and will automatically present users with the relevant catalog of applications available for their specific BlackBerry smartphone model.