There is much excitement for the next AMASA forum, to be held on Monday 30 June 2014
. AMASA Joburg will host a stimulating guest speaker all the way from Australia, and one of the most celebrated son 's of the SA media industry: James Hier.
Hier will be opening the forum with a discussion about 'The future of the communication strategist'
. All media and advertising practitioners are welcome to attend the AMASA forum at Ster-Kinekor Preview Theatre venue in Sandton on Monday from 4pm.
That's not all - one lucky attendee will be taking home a set of double tickets to the John Legend Concert
in November. The best question posed to Hier that evening will bag this awesome prize, compliments of AMASA. Who is James Hier?
James Hier loves media. A lot. It's what he speaks the most about. Plus he knows a thing or two, having worked in 26 markets around the world whilst consulting for Unilever and worked in both creative and media agencies. One of the great son's of the South African media industry, Hier now works at the media agency network MEC, as Chief Strategy Officer in their Sydney office.Some of his bragging rights?
- Voted Best Media Director in the World by Coca-Cola SA when he was at Starcom.
- Joined Nota Bene as MD and grew it to well over R1b in the six years he was there (2001-2006)
- Became youngest facilitator at the Unilever Marketing Academy. Worked in 26 markets across the globe solving integrated communications planning challenges (2006-2010)
- Joined MEC Sydney as Chief Strategy Officer (2010-present)
- Whilst in Australia he has been an MFA Awards Judge, a panel facilitator at their annual discussion events and a regular contributor to trade press
- Made the top 30 Agency Innovators list in 2013 for his Re-socialising of TV Neuroscience study
Monday, 30 JuneTime:
Ster-Kinekor Preview Theatre, Primovie Park, 185 Katherine Street, SandtonTopic:
The future of the communication strategist