This week, we find out what's really going on behind the selfie with Kevin Welman - managing director of FleishmanHillard South Africa.
Welman and family
1. Where do you live, work and play?
Welman: Jozi, Jozi and everywhere.
2. What’s your claim to fame?
Welman: I once had lunch with an African president, in a deserted house, eating with our fingers out of a polystyrene box.
3. Describe your career so far.
Welman: A frenzied blur.
I started my career as an intern at FleishmanHillard 20 years ago. At the age of 30, I was made managing director of the Johannesburg office. Over the years, I have encountered many different clients, I have experienced many countries and cultures, and have dealt with numerous issues and crises.
4. Tell us a few of your favourite things.
Welman: Some of my favourite things include… Obviously my family, the ‘off’ button on my laptop and my running shoes.
5. What do you love about your industry?
Welman: The diversity of people, of clients and tasks, as well as the fact that there are no real rules.
6. Describe your average workday, if such a thing exists.
Welman: It starts early, using social to take in as much news as possible. It includes a lot of meetings, planning and clients.
7. What are the tools of your trade?
Welman: Anything with a screen.
8. Who is getting it right in your industry?
Welman: More agencies than people think… and of course, FleishmanHillard!
9. What are you working on right now?
Welman: Right this very moment – not at the time of publishing – I am working on a new business pitch while I travel back from a meeting in Botswana.
10. Tell us some of the buzzwords floating around in your industry at the moment, and some of the catchphrases you utter yourself.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.