Digital or online agencies are different to lead agencies, as they operate in the online space by creating and implementing digital marketing campaigns that get onto online networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Whatever digital dilemma a client may have, digital agencies have the ability to provide a holistic solution.
The steps to selecting a traditional advertising agency are clear, but how does one go about selecting a digital online agency?
What to look for in a digital agency
- Creativity: It is paramount that one chooses one with strong creative ability for maximum results - in order not to be caught in the clutter of on line communication.
- Strong analytics department: the ability to decipher a problem for a client. The reason a client seeks external help is because they do not have the capacity to solve the problem internally. The agency needs to be able analyse the problem in order to offer the best possible solution and to be able to provide feedback on results of campaigns.
- Strong strategic capability: capacity to think in a way that will allow a company to own its online presence and achieve the desired results
- Awareness of the latest trends: Online trends keep evolving and changing with each passing day. It is crucial that it is on par with the latest trends, which will give clients the competitive edge that they need to stay above the rest.
- Quality of programmers and developers: - these people are responsible for the capability and reach of your campaign. Knowing how they operate and how many are responsible for your campaign will work to your advantage.
- Collaborative nature: Digital agencies are results driven and this is evident in their collaborative nature. Their ability to work with other agencies in the above and below the line advertising space is a clear sign that they will offer you the best results for your campaign.
- References: Agencies are more than willing to provide references and digital agencies are no exception.