Subscribe to industry newsletters

Ponds' long winded soapie drama

Has anyone seen the Ponds soapie saga with that sad pathetic woman who's still hung up over her ex 10 down the line and still trying to get him back?
They must be on "episode" 5 now and I'm still not getting what the story has to do with ponds. Or how its going to make me want to start buying ponds. I just don't get the connection! They've clearly spent a lot of money creating and placing this little drama, I just hope it's going to end with some sort of big bang.
Get a daily news update via WhatsApp or sign up to our newsletters.
Comment
Lets keep it simple
waste of time and money and no bloody tie in...-
Another classic example of - what works abroad - should stay there... This ad/saga is an adapt from europe somewhere, they redid the whole shebang thinking that it would work here. What a _ client. Adapts don't mean more bang for your buck, or, product.
Posted on 10 Jun 2009 14:36
Anonymous
No sense, no sense at all!-
This ad is very annoying, and quite demeening actually. The girl doesn't get her guy because she has "blotchy" skin...ridiculous!
Posted on 11 Jun 2009 11:10
Anonymous
Terrible advert, bound to give women even more pressure-
This same advert was launched in india and there was widepspread disgust about it, it is bound to give women of colour a complex about skin tone.
Posted on 12 Jun 2009 13:40
Red
misdirected creativity-
I wonder who thought up the idea. Its just not working!!!!
Posted on 23 Jun 2009 14:15
Mondli Trevor Jwara
I have one questio...-
How the hell did the client approve this??
Posted on 4 Jul 2009 11:23
Girlfriend
sorry but you're not the target market-
As a woman, I found it utterly insulting.
Posted on 16 Jul 2009 17:13
The Guy
@ Girlfriend....true dat but-
But maybe yr not the target market for Pond's...... maybe if it was Vaseline Blue Seal you would have got it right... Lol. No offense intended.
Posted on 6 Aug 2009 10:13
Read more: tv ad, tv ads

Related