Mobile news


Subscribe to industry newsletters

Press offices

Enquire about a press office
Bizcommunity has over 400 industry contributors and we always welcome further contributions and contributors.
Advertise with us
Advertise & RatesMy Account
Company press officeList company
Recruitment packagesSubmit job ad
Download ratecard
Mobile news

Mobile marketing: How much will we put up with?

A fascinating new infographic is taking marketers much deeper into the sweet spot of the youth demographic and revealing the many ways in which they interact with their mobile devices.
Mobile marketing: How much will we put up with?
click to enlarge
Any preconceptions that youths are just randomly chatting and gossiping should be laid to waste by the study by mBlox, a mobile interaction and payment specialists, who spoke to over 4 000 people from the United States and Britain.

We also get some sense of the potential of the mobile device: Nearly 90% of the people surveyed said they spend between 1 and 5 hours interacting with their mobile, every single day, while the other 10% spend an incredible 5 to 10 hours per day on their mobiles.

The good news for brands is that 18 to 24 year olds are more than happy for brands to be part of their mobile world. One in three want well-known brands to send them mobile promotions and nearly one in five (18%) actually prefer making purchases on their phones, as opposed to going into physical stores.

On the other hand, a large percentage are still worried about fraud and security on their phones, and that's an area that needs a lot of attention for mobile service providers.

There's plenty of interesting insights in the infographic, and there is a real sense that mobile marketing is going to be a huge factor for a new, young upwardly mobile population.


SOURCE

Vomo
Vomo, backed by Vodacom Digital Media, sets out to be an exciting new voice in the world of mobile communication. It is your connection to what is happening in an industry that is rapidly evolving into the most versatile marketing and communication medium ever. The company’s aim is to provide you daily with the latest mobile news, opinions and trends, so you can stay at the forefront of all mobile media affairs.
Go to: http://www.vomo.co.za/
    
 
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This Message Board accepts no liability of legal consequences that arise from the Message Boards (e.g. defamation, slander, or other such crimes). All posted messages are the sole property of their respective authors. The maintainer does retain the right to remove any message posts for whatever reasons. People that post messages to this forum are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual(s), or service in a false light; should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone. Bizcommunity.com will disclose authors' IP addresses to authorities if compelled to do so by a court of law.

News