Loeries Creative Week Durban
Loeries entry deadline extended to 13 June
Ten things you need to know about entering the Loeries
1. Both the entry deadline and the eligibility period have been extended. This means that all work must be commercially published, launched or aired up until 13 June 2014. A 10% late fee will still apply to all entries submitted after the original deadline of 30 May.
3. Entries are open to everyone in the brand communication industry - marketers, agencies, designers, media owners and media agencies. Every touch-point between a consumer and a brand is now considered by the Loeries - including Digital media, Architecture & Interior Design, Package Design, Radio, Television, Print media, Outdoor, Communication Design, Public Relations, Live Events, Sponsorship and more.
4. All paper based entries in communication Design stand a chance of winning the Antalis Creative Use of Paper Award.
5. The Adams & Adams Young Creatives Award is open to everyone 27 or younger, and includes a trip to Cannes.
6. If you're looking for some help on preparing your entry, read 6 Steps to Winning a Loerie at Loeries.com.
7. New Category in 2014 - Branded Content: includes the integration of a brand into a content platform - either pre-existing or created specifically for the purpose of promoting the brand. Branded content includes the following: Feature film or mini-series made for television, cinema release, DVD, or online release. This includes all genres - fiction, reality, documentary or entertainment.
8. Of course don't forget about the Ubuntu Award for brands doing good while doing good business and the Effective Creativity Award showcasing the value that creativity adds.
9. All categories and preparations guidelines are listed on loeries.com.
10. The Loeries Archive is also a great resource for anyone wanting to review previous winners - with data going back to 1978! All available on Loeries.com.
Meet the Jury Chairmen
Judging takes place during Loeries Creative Week Cape Town from 15 to 21 September 2014. All winners will be announced Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 September at the 36th Annual Loerie Awards at the CTICC.
Be sure not to miss the DStv International Seminar of Creativity at Cape Town City Hall on Friday 19 September. Speakers include the jury chairmen:
- TV & Radio: John Mescall, Executive Creative Director, McCann, Sydney
- Print, Outdoor & Collateral: Arno Lindemann, Chief Creative Officer, Lukas Lindemann Rosinski, Hamburg
- Digital: PJ Perreira, CEO and co-founder Perreira and O'Dell, San Francisco
- Communication Design: Stephen Doyle, Creative Director, Doyle Partners, New York City