The fourth Thought Leadership Digibate, hosted by Aegis Media, in conjunction with Bizcommunity.com, will focus on the state of print media in South Africa. To be held at 9.15am-11am on Friday, 16 March 2012, the digital debate will be broadcast live via mobile
Panelists will discuss and debate the current state and future of print media in South Africa.
"Magazine sales are dropping and publishing houses need to understand why and come up with alternative solutions to maintain a healthy revenue stream. I am certain that sharing insights from all angles will be encouraging in so far as the possible outtakes that will be gleaned by people in the print media industry," said Dawn Rowlands, CEO Sub Saharan Africa, Aegis Media, who will moderate the session.
- Vanessa Raphaely, editorial director, Associated Magazines
- Danette Breitenbach, editor, Advantage Magazine
- Karen Phelan, managing director, Full Circle Media
- Nic van den Bergh, SSA trading director, Aegis Media
- Brendon Cooper, publisher, Media 24
- What has caused the demise of print and where have the readers gone?
- How will the print media industry be financially sustained?
- Is the internet supporting or replacing print media?
Listen live via www.bizradio.co.za
- or listen to the podcasts here on Bizcommunity
after the debate. BizRadio is the creation of Ingrid von Stein, Grant Jansen, Chris Kolbe and Colin Jones, who together bring combined skills and expertise from the worlds of traditional radio, media, strategic communications and entrepreneurship. [Note: BizRadio is an independent company and is not connected with Bizcommunity in any way.
The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL
Listen every month
The Thought Leader Digibates are held monthly and include a panel of leading media-marketing experts who will discuss, debate and share their knowledge - gleaned over years of experience - with a wider audience. The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL