Biz Takeouts Radio Show & Podcasts
[Biz Takeouts Podcast] 50: Mobile in South Africa and Africa with Google
In the Cape Town studio on Thursday, 24 January 2013, was Google's head of New Products for Sub Saharan Africa, Brett St Clair (@brett_stclair). St Clair and show host Warren Harding (@bizcomwazza) discussed the growth and current trends in mobile in South Africa and Africa; how mobile is opening up opportunities for businesses in the region; mobile users' browsing habits; and St Clair gave advice on getting started with mobile marketing and common mistakes to look out for.
They also looked at ROPO (research online purchase offline) and how it has impacted consumer behaviour and advertising.
Brett St Clair and Warren Harding in studio.
The news roundup covered:
- [2013 trends] Predictions for the retail sector
- First National Blunder
- Five points to consider when choosing your email database provider
- Is your landing page killing your online lead generation?
- Mistakes to avoid when creating a mobisite
If you missed the show, download (50.4MB) or listen to the podcast (55:07 minutes).
Date: 24 January 2013 Length: 55:07min File size: 50.4MB Host: Warren Harding
Listen every week
For the very best highlights of marketing and media news in South Africa and Africa:
Comments or questions
- Twitter: tweet @BizcomWazza or @SimoneBiz using the hashtag #biztakeouts
- Facebook: 2oceansVibe Radio