Biz Takeouts Radio Show & Podcasts
[Biz Takeouts Podcast] 29: The state of South African media and marketing
In studio on Wednesday, 11 July 2012, David Bullard (@lunchout2), controversial author and columnist who wrote the iconic 'Out to Lunch' column for the Sunday Times, joined show host Brendan Jack (@brendanjack) to offer his take on the state of South African media, how it stacks up against international outlets, how online news has changed the game, keeping journalistic integrity and advertisers separate, and offers advice to aspiring journalists.
The news roundup by Bizcommunity marketing manager Warren Harding (@BizcomWazza) covered:
- Making email stand out in cluttered communication
- Time to look past marketing in social media strategy
- Marketing industry is its own worst enemy
- Esmaré Weideman on the print-media charter, her papers, and their future in the digital age
- Mobile advertising now on Facebook in South Africa
If you missed the show, download (47.3MB) or listen to the podcast (50:30 minutes).
Date: 11 July 2012 Length: 50:30min File size: 47.3MB Host: Brendan Jack
Listen every week
For the very best highlights of marketing and media news in South Africa and Africa:
Comments or questions
- Twitter: tweet @brendanjack, @BizcomWazza or @SimoneBiz using the hashtag #biztakeouts
- Facebook: 2oceansVibe Radio