The inaugural Durban Fashion Showcase opens tonight, Friday 30 November 2012, at the Mixed Zone at the Moses Mabhida Stadium from 7pm. It will display local couture designers and exclusive boutique houses, whilst raising awareness for abused men, women and children.
The show honours 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence and will also incorporate and support Thursdays in Black - Supporting a world without rape and violence.
The Post Newspaper, Moses Mabhida Stadium, KZN Fashion Council, local celebrities, designers and businesses, Taxi Indaba, Paperspace and Publicity Matters, support the show.
Celebrities include Yusuf Moolla, journalist and Eastern Mosaic presenter, AB Moosa, patron of Advice Desk for the Abused, Miss India SA 2012 Koshicka Singh, Mrs UN Finalist Lisa Campos, Mikail Hansa, celebrity photographer and model, Miss India Worldwide Kajal Luxmi Narain, and Miss India SA Teen.
Radio and television presenter and local media personality, Faradh Patel, initiated the event, which will become an annual event on the local fashion circuit.
- Ruth Samaai - seen at Bahrain Fashion Week, Vodacom Durban July winner, creator of couture, jewellery and fascinators
- Hektiq Designs - Farhana Vorajee - Durban based designer
- Blaklisted -Nishai Sookdeo - Pietermaritzburg designer showcased at SA Fashion Week 2012
- Nadine Pillay - local designer,
- Mike Narainsamy - local designer - SA Fashion Week 2012 & designer at Durban Business Fair 2012
- Princess Cut Couture - Amirah & Tasneem Mia - duo from Gauteng
- Exclusive Boutiques
- Mr Executive
- Brands Unlimited
- International hair stylist Shirley Naidoo-Hair Sensations
- Makeup artist Somayya Khan of En-visage
Tickets are available at Computicket.
Posted on 30 Nov 2012 10:31