The Joburg chapter of AMASA (Advertising Media Association of South Africa) held its annual AGM on 3 May where the new committee, which will guide AMASA over the next year, was announced.
The newly voted in committee will consist of the following industry professionals:
- Wayne Bishop (MD, PHD)
- Mpho Maseko (CMO Wunderman)
- Ilsa Grabe (Communications & Engagement manager, Heineken)
- Parmeshan Moodliar (Digital Sales Manager, Spark Media)
- Sean Press (CEO, Contact Media)
- Bogosi Motshegwa (Strategic Planner, The Creative Counsel)
- Andrew Maluleka (Strategy Executive - Business Planning , Mindshare)
- Memoria Masilela (Head Sponsorships & Promotions, United Stations)
- Shukri Toefy (CEO Fort)
- Palesa Khambi (Group Marketing Manager, Right to Care)
- Charlie Wannell (Marketing Manager, Mediamark)
- Fatima Ouanssaidi (CEO, OnPoint PR)
This team will drive the mandate of AMASA, which is to focus on educating and upskilling those interested in the media, advertising and marketing industry, through various portfolios by applying their own views, expertise, time and most importantly passion.
Outgoing Chairperson, Wayne Bischoff, is delighted with the final selection for 2017/18 and grateful to those who applied, nominated and voted.
“I would like to thank the committee of 2016/17 for their dedication and efforts and I am confident the new team, many who stood again and were re-elected, will continue to take AMASA to even greater heights. I also want to thank Quinton Scholes and Justin van Alphen who decided not to stand again, for their contribution. We have a really good mix of agency, client and media owner professionals this year and some dynamic new blood,” says Bischoff.
At the AGM, Bischoff also presented the past year's successful initiatives and reflected on the last three years which saw the launch of the hugely successful AMASA Awards, the revitalised Media Planning Workshops, Annual Party and Golf Days all contributing to funding bursaries for the “Gordon Patterson Amasa Learnership Programme” (ALP) students.
Wayne Bischoff will now join the AMASA Board, which will continue to provide umbrella support to the committee and drive the strategic direction of AMASA in collaboration with the new Chairperson and his/her team.
At the next committee meeting, a new Chairperson and Vice Chairperson will be elected and individual portfolios will be allocated.