Outsurance's animated 'Talking Wallets' TVC campaign conceptualiser and producer, Air Films and CGI animation studio, Luma, were asked to create a second trio of animated personas, each portraying a different consumer group, representing the day-to-day struggle to save money of many South Africans.
The rollout of the second campaign is well supported by radio, print and billboards. The campaign's call to action is for car-insurance policyholders to call for a quick quote on their vehicle insurance. If the company is unable to beat the caller's current premium, it will give the caller R400.
"Our challenge in round two was to capture the interest of a broader range of consumers, so in these three commercials, we appeal to different groups. The second trio of commercials sees the wallets of a psychologist's patient, a woman in a salon, and a mechanic do the talking," says Matthys Boshoff, Director of Air Films.
Flighting across all major TV channels, including DStv, eTV, and SABC 1, 2 and 3 from mid-July, the trio of commercials focus on people who tend to procrastinate, people who feel the brunt of rising motoring costs and older people who are reluctant to change their insurance even if they could get a better rate. Campaign team
For Air Films:
- Matthys Boshoff - director & concept origination
- Marge Hughes - producer
- Allan Cameron - character design; conceptualisation & storyboard
- Anthanase Georgellis - modelling & texturing
- Chris Wieffering - edits & pre-comps
- Erik Kruger - on set VFX supervisor & camera tracking
- Greg Green - edits; pre-comps & final composite
- Mark Zimmer - animation, lighting & rendering
- Martin Sen - animation lead & supervision; modelling & texturing
- Ndumiso Nyoni - edits; pre-comps & final composite
- Nono Mofokeng - production
- Paul Meyer - CG super & project lead
- Thezi Ndhlazi - physics simulation & camera tracking
- Tim Morar - animation
- Werner Ziemerink - modelling, texturing & rigging