With the growth of social media in the business and communication industries, Social Edge Africa has conceptualized and spearheaded the formation of social media clubs dubbed SocialPro clubs in universities across the country.
These clubs will bring together different social media enthusiasts, speakers, bloggers, industry experts, digital agencies and organisations who have immensely contributed to the growth of social Media in Kenya.
SocialPro clubs is expected to create a platform that will enhance product and consumer engagement through creativity and innovation. The core objective of these clubs is to teach, educate students, create awareness, and impart knowledge and skills on social media. These clubs will unlock the limitless possibilities and potential on social media. There will be SocialPro clubs for the individuals, corporate and universities.
The company behind this initiative is Social Edge Africa, a social media consultancy company based in Nairobi that offers a 360 degrees approach by offering social media strategy, monitoring, evaluation and management of brands on social networks. Their core business is to give every person, brand or firm the right presence on social media.
The pilot phase will take place across four universities in October around Nairobi namely: University of Nairobi
This concept has been endorsed by the ministry of information and technology and Dr. Bitange Ndemo; the permanent secretary in the ministry will be the chief guest among other keynote speakers at the launch of these clubs at the University of Nairobi, School of Business on 25 September 2012.
Through the SocialPro clubs students will:
- Enable collaboration and exchange of ideas among students in other universities and industry. (spur innovation)
- Allow/provide a platform for information sharing with external partners and students.
- Exchange of information with the industry will bridge the gap between the university and expectations of employers.
- Understanding of social media will help students keep pace with fast moving events.
- Discover the best and newest ways to market with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, video marketing and social bookmarking sites
- Learn how successful social media campaigns were executed and how to achieve similar results.
- Learn how to creatively engage and grow a loyal following on social media.
- Create awareness of the realities, opportunities and requirements for the various disciplines of social media.
- Learn how to integrate social media activities with other marketing efforts.
- Promote innovation, enhance collaboration between universities, tap creativity and inspire development.
- Learn about personal branding on social media, social media etiquette and how to engage professionally on social media.
- Network with top industry professionals, agencies and firms.
- Help students understand the opportunities available in form of careers on social media.
The students will also engage, share and interact with brands and learn from their successes, challenges and failures on social media.
For more, go to Kenyan Marketer