At the fifth Thought Leadership Digibate next Friday, 4 May 2012, hosted by Aegis Media and BizCommunity, some of the country's leading experts in the media and marketing sector will discuss and debate topics in five key areas that featured in Bizcommunity.com's recent 2012 Biz Trends Report
This year's Biz Trends Report
was sponsored by Aegis Media.
- Andre Redelinghuys, HKLM head of strategy, will elaborate on tighter trends for a tough year. Redelinghuys is the author of [2012 trends] Tough year, tighter trends.
- Richard Procter, Vizeum joint MD, will converse around consumers discovering and embracing new and multiple ways to engage with brands, and each other. He will also talk about trends being built upon where there is a convergence of media platforms and a need to share information in real time and a demand for cross-platform content and messaging that can simultaneously reach numerous audiences. Procter is the co-author of [2012 trends] Convergence, content key themes for media, advertising.
- Dan Calladine, Aegis Global Management head of media futures, will discuss next generation mobile and what is happening in the US and UK markets, as compared to Africa.
- Richard Mullins, Acceleration Middle East and Africa MD, will discuss the trends in digital marketing in South Africa.
- Toby Shapshak, Stuff editor and regular columnist, will share more on the year of the cloud, the mobile, Africa's emergence as a new economic region, the year of the tablet and the app economy, too. Shapshak is the author of [2012 trends] Reviewing 2012 tech trends.
- Dawn Rowlands, Aegis Media Sub Saharan Africa CEO, will be moderating the digibate and will add insights from an African perspective. Rowlands is the author of [2012 trends] Five African digital trends for 2012.
Key areas discussed and debated by the panel will be:
- A global perspective on trends and how they influence us in Africa
- African digital trends
- From 2011 to 2012 - it's not rocket science, so how did we still get it wrong?
- Consumers are now brand transmitters and actually control your brand - what are the trends and how can you be ahead of the curve, as opposed to being behind them?
- Trendsetters and surfers - what trends are being witnessed and reported on via the media and why?
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice, Melrose Arch, Johannesburg.
Listen live via www.bizradio.co.za
- or listen to the podcasts here on Bizcommunity
after the debate. [Note: BizRadio is an independent company and is not connected with Bizcommunity in any way.
The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL
Listen every month
The Thought Leader Digibates are held monthly and include a panel of leading media-marketing experts who will discuss, debate and share their knowledge - gleaned over years of experience - with a wider audience. The official Twitter hashtag is #aegisTL
Posted on 26 Apr 2012 13:31