Media Freedom & Right to Know news
DA 'shames' Motsoeneng, SABC
NEWSWATCH: The Democratic Alliance's court bid to have SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng dismissed 'shames' him and the SABC, according to his lawyer, reports BD Live. Other reports follow...
On a different note...
- BD Live: DA 'shaming Motsoeneng and SABC'... Attempts by the Democratic Alliance (DA) to have a permanent appointment at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) set aside is "politically motivated, opportunistic and designed to humiliate" Hlaudi Motsoeneng, the broadcaster and Communications Minister Faith Muthambi, the High Court in Cape Town heard yesterday.
- News24: DA's court bid to remove Motsoeneng continues... The DA's application to have the appointment of SABC chief operating officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng set aside is expected to continue in the Western Cape High Court today.
- MyBroadband: DA "politically motivated" in Motsoeneng court case... The DA's court application to have SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng removed from his post is politically motivated, the Western Cape High Court heard yesterday.
- Mail & Guardian: DA, SABC begin court battle over Hlaudi's appointment... Activists, churchgoers and traditional healers came out to support SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng at court, where his appointment is being challenged.
And on a lighter note...
- The Public News Hub: ANC Must Not Attack Press Freedom, says DA... The Democratic Alliance has told the African National Congress that attacking the Beeld Editor, Adriaan Basson, about his opinion piece on the Nkandla Scandal, will not make the whole saga go away.
- Politicsweb: ANC attack on Beeld Editor won't make Nkandlagate questions disappear... The ANC's attack on Beeld Editor, Adriaan Basson, is the latest instalment in a series of desperate attempts to duck accountability on the Nkandlagate saga. It is an equally sad bid to deflect attention from the President's hopelessly inadequate response to Parliament and the intended re-establishment of a toothless ad hoc Committee on the matter.