Brothers for Life and SABC Education Radio are honouring men that make a difference in their communities. A Brother for Life is said to take responsibility for his actions, he chooses a single partner over multiple, his self worth is not determined by the number of women he can have, he makes no excuses for unprotected sex, he supports his partner and protects his children, and he respects women and never lifts a hand to them. This Brother knows that the choices he makes today, will determine tomorrow. Are you that man? Do you know that man?
"We are asking our listeners to nominate an ordinary man that they think is a role model, even if they think he is just an excellent father," says Johan Neethling, commissioning editor at SABC Education's public information and social development unit. "Participating radio stations will select a Brother who is announced as Man of the Month at the end of each month. The winner after five months will receive an all expenses paid trip to Johannesburg to attend International Men's day in November 2012."
Participating radio stations are:
- Umhlobo Wenene FM Modays at 10:05 to 10:35am
- Thobela FM Mondays at 9:30 to 10:00pm
- Phalaphala FM Tuesdays at 9:05 to 9:30pm
- Munghana Lonene FM Tuesdays at 9:30 to 10:00pm
- Ukhozi FM Tuesdays at 9:05 to 9:30pm
- Lesedi FM Fridays at 10:30 to 11:00am
- Ligwalagwala FM Mondays at 9:05 to 9:30pm
- RSG Wednesdays at 11:05 to 12:00 midday
- Motsweding FM Tuesdays at 12:20 to 12:40pm
- Ikwekwezi FM Mondays at 10:30 to 11:00am
- X-K FM Wednesdays at 7:05 to 8:00pm