If you're in the market for a pre-owned car and you don't want to pay a fortune, they are available for anything from an average of about R10000 - they've been recovered after being stolen or damaged in accidents…
Salvage Management and Disposal (SMD) is a company that sells accident damaged and recovered stolen vehicles to the public on behalf of short-term insurance companies. The vehicles are auctioned and potential buyers have the opportunity to check the vehicles first to ensure that they are in reasonable (if somewhat damaged condition).
The company recommends that potential first-time buyers have a mechanic or similarly knowledgeable person with them who can quote them on the repair of a vehicle, before purchasing it, to make a more informed decision.
In addition, the company's staff is on hand on viewing days to advise potential buyers. Services
The company, which currently has more than 10 of South Africa's major short-term insurance companies as clients, provides the following salvage management services to the insurance industry, including:
• Transportation of all salvage vehicles
• Nationwide storage facilities in six major cities
• All-inclusive salvage insurance
• Advanced electronic salvage management system
• Automated upliftment confirmation of all vehicles that are stocked in
• Detailed 24-hour access to an online vehicle inventory
• Up to date statistics on the various aspects of salvage management
• Release fees, turnaround times and salvage efficiencies.
• Facilitation of the transfer of title documents
• Equipped vehicle assessing facilities
• Dedicated warehouse service centre
• Nationwide sales network including:
• Highly experienced and efficient auctioneering team
• Sales showrooms in five of the six major cities
In addition to sales by auction, the company also sells direct to the motor-vehicle industry and the public.
For further information, visit http://www.smdsa.co.za/smdnew/smdsa/index.asp