If you'd like to boost your earning potential in 2014, billionaire Warren Buffett has some advice for you: master the art of presenting. Buffett once told a class of business students of Columbia Business College that he would pay anyone in the room $100,000 for 10% of their future earnings. If they were great presenters, he would raise his bid by an amazing 50%! Buffet believes that excellent presentation skills makes an employee far more valuable.
At the beginning of his career, Warren Buffet enrolled on a public speaking and communication skills programme to help conquer his deep fear of public speaking and to improve his communication skills. It changed his life.
Investing in your presentation skills can prove to be far the best investment you can make in yourself. No matter what your career, the essentials of self-confidence and the ability to strategize and sell your ideas effectively will always ultimately determine your potential to succeed.
Advanced presentation skills training teaches you the skills you need to succeed.
These essential skills include:
- Stress Management - Specialised breathing techniques can help you to control brain, nerve and voice functionality will help you to stay more in control and navigate your way through even the most stressful situations.
- The ability to frame your messages effectively - Framing your messages effectively and understanding the psychology of strategy can influence even your most reluctant clients. The amazing principles of communication psychology can help you to create a very successful presentation pitch.
- Voice training - 38% of your presentation impact is determined by how your clients react to the quality and use of your voice. Your voice is your primary means of influence and most people have never been taught how to control and leverage their voices effectively.
- Relationship building skills - Like it or not, your clients first need to like you and buy into you before they can even consider engaging in your services. In order to succeed, you first need to learn how to gain attention, engage effectively and achieve buy-in with your clients.
- Thinking on your feet - This is always 'the acid test' and the skill that people find most difficult. Once you learn how your brain thought patterns work and how to easily create spontaneous speeches, you may never be at a loss for words again.
- The ability to sell yourself - If you haven't developed a natural and engaging sales style, you won't succeed. Fortunately sales is a skill that can be learned and you can develop a sales style that works with your specific personality type. Selling can definitely become fun and easy!
Why not make 2014 the year you revolutionise your ability to speak, pitch, present, and communicate your ideas more persuasively. Nothing will help you more to achieve your targets and goals than the ability to confidently and strategically present yourself and your services. You have the choice to make it happen in 2014. Go for it!
Watch this short clip where Warren Buffet talks about the importance of public speaking skills in business