LONDON, UK: More than 1.5 million searches were made for consumer electronics online in November and in terms of visibility, Amazon dominated in both search and social media according to the latest research, Brown Goods - Issue 10
, by leading independent specialist search and social media marketing agency, Greenlight.
Greenlight's report profiles search behaviour in the brown goods sector, covering cameras & camcorders, DVD players & recorders, entertainment products, PCs & laptops and TVs. The research analyses which brands, retailers and review sites were the most visible in the both natural
* and paid media results** and therefore had the greatest share of consideration, when UK consumers searched for brown goods on Google.co.uk. The report also assesses which brands interacted well on social media networks.
Greenlight's analysis established that in November 2011:
- The keyword 'iPod' was queried 165 000 times, accounting for 11% of all searches made for the sector. 'Laptops' was the second most popular search term (135 000 searches), followed by 'iPod nano' with 60 500
- Combined, searches pertaining to both the PC & laptop and entertainment sub-sectors accounted for nearly 70% of brown-goods related searches (36% and 33%, respectively)
- Amazon was the most visible website in Greenlight's natural search listings, achieving a 45% share of voice. Likewise in the paid media space, where it secured a 53% share of visibility
- Amazon also ranked at the top of Greenlight's integrated search league table, as it achieved a dominant percentage share of visibility in both the natural search listings and paid media space
- Amazon topped Greenlight's social media analysis, achieving a Klout score of 81. It was followed by Dell and Tesco, with a score of 61 and 60, respectively
Online retail has increasingly been winning the consumer pound over the high street. According to comparison website Kelkoo, UK e-sales jumped 14% to nearly £50bn in 2011 and are forecast to reach £56.5bn by the end of 2012. This highlights the fact that brands and retailers with an online presence need to ensure they are also visible to consumers who go online with the intent to search, find and purchase products.Notes:
- Listings in search engine results pages that appear organically because of their relevance to the search terms.
- an Internet advertising model used on websites, in which advertisers pay their host only when their ad is clicked. With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market
Greenlight's report, Brown Goods - Issue 10
, profiles search behaviour in this sector. It assesses which brands, websites and review sites are the most visible in natural search, paid media results, and social media and hence have the greatest share of consideration when UK-based searchers go to Google UK to find brown goods.
Greenlight is an independent specialist search and social marketing agency, the largest of its kind in Europe and the fastest growing. With over 100 blue-chip clients including Santander, Vodafone UK, New Look, Interflora, Co-operative Financial Services and ghd, and a multitude of awards to its name, Greenlight is a leader in the search marketing space, and is recognised worldwide for its commitment to delivering record ROI for its clients and investing in the future of search.
In addition, Greenlight is considered the premier thought leader in the sector, publishing widely read industry reports, original research, speaking at most trade events, and delivering a highly respected search training programme in conjunction with the IDM. Greenlight was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York. http://www.greenlightdigital.com/
Go to: http://http://www.greenlightdigital.com/