G Adventures has rebranded its Yolo tours programme for young travellers to 18-to-Thirtysomethings - this to make it clear that these trips are designed for travellers between the ages of 18 and 39. Brian Young, managing director, G Adventures, says the new branding makes it more transparent to travellers what kind of trip they are looking to purchase.
“We’ve had a lot of fun with the Yolo brand and being part of the zeitgeist, but as a customer-oriented organisation we want to make things easier for our travellers and our agent partners. 18-to-Thirtysomethings makes it clear what is being sold.
“We’re also thrilled to expand our 18-to-Thirtysomethings offering in Asia, as it is the biggest market for our younger UK travellers. Thailand is still the number one place to go, followed by India, the USA and Vietnam,” says Young.
Travel is no longer a luxury for younger people, it’s a right.
Youth market a growing segment
The youth market is a growing segment of G Adventures’ business globally. Since its launch in 2012, the 18-39 age bracket has seen increased global passenger growth of more than 85%, outpacing the small-group tour operator’s eight other travel styles.
“Travel is no longer a luxury for younger people, it’s a right. They are factoring travel spend into their budgets. And just like they want to share experiences online, they want to share their travel experiences in real life, and want to do so in a meaningful way.
“A small-group tour gives them safety and flexibility, as well as the local and social connections they are looking for from their travel choices,” says Young.
Fun-filled and fast-paced travel portfolio
All 185 tours in G Adventures’ refreshed 18-to-Thirtysomethings portfolio are affordable, are from less than one week to more than nine weeks long, and are designed to be fun-filled and fast-paced.
Branded on-trip experiences such as a “Big Night Out” are included for travellers who want to party with people of a similar age after a full day of adventure. As with all G Adventures trips, tours provide locally-owned accommodation, authentic cultural experiences and a local chief experience officer (CEO).
New 18-to-Thirtysomethings trips for 2018 include:
• Thailand Full Moon Party
- An eight-day trip from Bangkok to Ko Pha Ngan where an all-night dance party takes place each month.
• Japan on a Shoestring
– A six-day tour offering a taste of both old and new Japan
• Islands of the Philippines on a Shoestring
- 10-day trip from Manila to Boracay Island during which travellers can roam Bohol’s famous Chocolate Hills (not suitable for consumption), snorkel with massive whale sharks, chill out in laid-back Siquijor and more.
• Laos on a Shoestring
- A nine-day tour starting in laid-back Vientiane and then heading south to Chiang Mai.
• Indonesia Adventure
– A 21-day trip from Jakarta to Gili Trawangan characterised by delicious food, welcoming people, and picturesque tropical islands.