So which is the best season to take a Northern Hemisphere holiday? If you say summer, you'd be wrong - even though summer is clearly a great choice. Trafalgar, however, has devised a brand-new, expanded Europe & Britain autumn, winter and spring brochure designed to give you a wide selection of places to visit and enjoy.
You can save up to 32% on the cost of an equivalent summer holiday, with daily rates as low as R799, which can come down even further with special booking discounts.
"South Africans tend to take their annual holiday at year-end, in high summer and during the long school holiday, unlike people from the Northern Hemisphere, who do so mid-year," says Trafalgar managing director Theresa Szejwallo.
"But like our European brethren, we're inclined to chase the sun for our holiday - and we miss out on so many thrilling European adventures that can only be experienced in autumn, winter or spring. For example, one can't go to Germany's fabulous Christmas markets or spend a romantic New Year in Paris during summer, or revel in Europe's glorious autumn colours, or take in one of several springtime festivals."An itinerary with something for just about everyone
Trafalgar's beefed-up Europe & Britain Autumn, Winter & Spring brochure now contains 33 itineraries from which to choose. These include three summer itineraries that have proved so popular that they have been extended to the other seasons: Paris & Rome, Wonderful France and Best of Morocco.
Additionally, two extra departures each have been added to the Christmas Markets and Great Italian Cities itineraries, and two At Leisure itineraries - for Great Italian Cities and Prague, Vienna & Budapest - have been included.
Szejwallo points out that Trafalgar's autumn, winter and summer offerings boast distinct advantages over summer holidays, including:
- They suit all kinds of holidaymakers, from singles to groups of friends, to budget-conscious travellers and families
- Many of the itineraries boast a Small Group Sightseeing offering, where groups of no more than 25 people enjoy more personal, intimate visits to sights
- Destinations and activities are less crowded, because they are out of peak season
- The weather is milder than one expects with several destinations
- They include activities that do not take place in summer (such as Christmas markets, for example)
- At a saving of up to 32% compared with a summer holiday, travellers extract maximum value for money - and they can access even more discounts, too.
"With rates as low as R799 per day - which is what one could easily pay for a hotel room only, leave alone an exciting guided holiday with just about everything included - we've taken one of the most worrying aspects of buying a holiday out of the equation completely: the cost. And it gets even better, with discounts for early-bird and group bookings on top of this never-to-be-repeated rate," says Szejwallo.
She adds that travellers need not worry about the weakening rand, as Trafalgar will guarantee the quoted price - no matter how far in advance the holiday has been booked.
For more information go to http://www.trafalgar.com