In 2012 Greenpop launched Trees for Zambia, a reforestation and eco-awareness project that began with a three-week tree planting event and was followed by an ongoing campaign to inspire awareness about deforestation, climate change, tree planting, environmental sustainability and alternative energy sources.
Trees for Zambia 2013 will be the second action event hosted in Livingstone to boost the project and plant over 5000 trees in schools, on subsistence farms and in reforestation sites. Again, Greenpop will host educational workshops for schoolchildren, subsistence farmers and volunteers. Trees for Zambia is a holistic awareness campaign based on getting people active about making sustainable changes.
From 7 to 28 July. 2013, the Trees for Zambia Conference of Action will be held in Livingstone, Zambia. Greenpop invites people, young and old, to come along for one, two or three weeks. What to expect:
- Get active and dig: Plant trees and make solar cookers at local schools and in national parks.
- Learn: Attend workshops and lectures on current environmental issues.
- Educate: Teach children about conserving their natural environment (and learn from them too).
- Share: Connect with other like-minded local and international volunteers.
- Explore: Experience the magic of Livingstone, Zambia - home of the majestic Victoria Falls.
For more info, go to www.greenpop.org/projects/trees-for-zambia