The full line-up for Up the Creek 2014, to be held at Breede River, Swellendam, from Thursday, 30 January to Sunday, 2 February, 2014, has been announced.
The full line-up is: Springbok Nude Girls; Jeremy Loops; Taxi Violence; Black Cat Bones; Wonderboom; Desmond & the Tutus; The Plastics; Shortstraw; Dave Ferguson; Mean Black Mamba; Gerald Clark and The Dead Men; Beatenberg; Bed on Bricks; Feed the Wolf; Habit To; Aidan Martin; Raoul and Black Friday; Akkedis; Piet Botha; Peter Mitchell; Red Huxley; After Robot; Al Bairre; DJ Dirtroad; Grassy Spark; Beach Party; Naming James; Matthew Mole; El Cantante; Runaway Train Cult; Coelacanth; Stefan Dixon and The Anne Hirsch Show Live.
2014 heralds the 20-year anniversary of the Springbok Nude Girls and, as Arno Carstens says: "The year will be all about a special celebration of music for us as band members looking back at over two decades of song-writing, recording albums and touring; and all the beautiful memories it conjures up. With that in mind it is with great pleasure to start off 2014 by accepting an invitation to play the Up the Creek Festival. Up the Creek holds many memories for us and we are very excited to play there again after all these years." Festival package
Up The Creek organisers Annie and Anthony have put together a package that will make anyone smile this January. All you need to do to stand a chance to be the Down to the River winner is:
- Buy your Up the Creek ticket before 1 January and you'll be automatically entered to win a prize valued at over R3000;
- Two full weekend tickets for Up The Creek 2014,valued at R650 each (we will refund your original winning ticket purchase);
- Two General Admission tickets to see Bruce Springsteen live in Cape Town, valued at R900 each;
- Sponsor hamper for collection at Up the Creek;
- The winner will be announced on Monday, 6 January via the Facebook page.
The Heartbreak Motel: If you don't want to pitch your tent, just pitch up for your pre-booked tented accommodation at the Heartbreak Motel. Bookings can be made at www.heartbreakmotel.co.za/up-the-creek-music-festival/rates
Tickets: Available from Plankton.mobi
Full weekend ticket: (arrive Thursday/Friday)
Presales: R650/Gate: R700
Saturday and Sunday:
Presales: R500/Gate: R550