Administrative Assistant - Deans Office
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
Afda is inviting applications for the position of administrator/admin assistant in the Deans Office, Cape Town campus.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Dean administrative duties: diary management, minute taking, filing, reporting, research and general admin duties.
- Reception duties: liaising with public, administrative staff, operational staff, learning staff and students.
- Campus administration: liaising with senior management, minute taking, reporting, setting up of meetings.
- Communications: public liaison and student liaison, reporting.
- Budgets: preparation, forecasts, cost reports, invoicing and payments, reporting.
- Administration: general office management and assistance, reporting.
- Representing the Deans Office in all relevant communications, events and interactions.
Key competencies [role associated]
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Efficient effective organisational and administration skills
- Strategic planning
Personal attributes [role associated]
- Good interpersonal communication
- Good initiative
- Good time management
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- NQF Level 7/BA or five-plus years’ experience in the same field
- Established work experience in tertiary education.
- Knowledge of the performance and/or film and television industries preferable
- AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
AFDA (The School for the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Posted on 19 Apr 09:11, Closing date 17 Jun
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.