Stage Technical Officer
|Location:||Johannesburg, Auckland Park|
AFDA is inviting applications for the position of stage technical officer in the School of Live Performance, Johannesburg campus.Roles and responsibilities
Key competencies (role associated):
- Theatre and gear stores supervision duties: liaising with public, administrative staff, learning staff and students. Liaising with national equipment officer and relevant departments and suppliers. Risk Assessment preparation, LDD reporting and asset management.
- Live performance undergrad production administration: festival and production scheduling, attendance registers, production minute taking, reporting.
- Live performance support: administrative support to theatre production, contributing lecturers, projects and theatre assessments, campus events, annual awards and graduation ceremonies.
- Student training: managing attendance, record keeping, general assist programme support in stage/theatre technical production, stage management and show reporting.
- Additional course/programme support: as approved by the head of live performance programme and subject to availability
- Training in lighting and sound technical – HC performing arts programme.
- Festival technical and production support – postgrad live performance programme.
Personal attributes (role associated):
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Publisher
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Efficient effective organisational and administering skills
- Strategic planning
- Good interpersonal communication
- Good time management
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Established work experience in tertiary education and professional theatre environment
- Knowledge of the performance and/or film/television industries.
- Technical knoweledge and expertise in the performing arts production and festivals.
- AFDA employs candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act and as such preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups.
AFDA (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering higher certificates, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Motion Picture Medium, Live Performance, Business Innovation and Technology. AFDA is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Posted on 03 Apr 11:08, Closing date 2 Jun
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.