Mathe Okaba, CEO of the ACA.
More specifically, at this time and in light of the current unprecedented situation of having to operate under unpredictable and difficult Covid-19 trading conditions, the ACA and MASA are inviting all stakeholders to attend a joint meeting of passionate minds from across the broader marketing and advertising environment.
The meeting will be led by three representatives each on behalf of the Advertising and Marketing Professions and moderated by Mathe Okaba (CEO ACA) and Brian Yuyi (CEO MASA). The online meeting will be held on 19 May 2020 from 10h00-12h00 and will address issues surrounding the sustainability of the industry during and post-lockdown.
There can be no doubt that we are facing one of the most difficult and uncertain periods in the history of our profession. We’ve already seen the fallout from the effects of Covid-19 as it impacts negatively on individuals, businesses and the broader communications and media environment. Our creative and marketing industries will never be the same coming out of this, therefore it is our joint responsibility as a collective of marketers, advertisers and communications professionals to act with urgency in order to redefine our future DNA to the benefit of all involved.
This upcoming meeting, together with future engagements will tackle the following key issues:
- How do we future proof the industry?
- Sustainability of the industry within the current environment
- Creating access to opportunities with a view to ensuring the survival of smaller businesses.
“This is the dawn of many dialogues and discussions due to be held,” adds Brian Yuyi. “If we do not act now to preserve talent and resource, we might end up in a dark abyss of unimaginable proportions, one that we might never get out of. The end result will be the death of the creative community and in the fullness of time, the effect will also be felt on the client-side.”
The desired outcome of the dialogue is to provide an opportunity to create an outline and guide activity across critical areas relevant to all, including:
- Tenders and Pitches – rules of engagement to better protect both clients and service providers
- Redefining workflow regarding creative/strategic processes
- Transformation at senior levels in the profession
The ACA and MASA are extremely passionate about the survival of the industry, and the invitation is extended to participate in mutual engagement in order to build a stronger, more sustainable and effective industry for all.
Speaker lineup for the meeting to be held on 19 May:
Representing the Advertising Profession:
- Boniswa Pezisa CEO: Net#work BBDO
- Gareth Leck Group CEO: Joe Public United
- Thabang Skwambane Group MD: FCB Joburg & Hellocomputer Joburg
Representing the Marketing Profession:
- Brenda Koornneef MASA Board Member
- Khensani Nobanda Group Executive Marketing & Corporate Affairs, Nedbank
- Sechaba Motsieloa MASA Board Member
For further details and to register you can contact Melanie Platt at the ACA via az.oc.asaca@einalem or call the ACA on (010) 880 3399. Once confirmed, a link with the meeting details will be forward via email.