"The digital gold rush is here. As more people attempt to make money from cryptocurrencies, criminals and con artists aren't far behind. Make sure you know how to recognise the biggest schemes that want to part you from your digital coins," says Carey van Vlaanderen, CEO of ESET South Africa. 22 Apr 2022 Read more Global leader in cybersecurity is championing innovation and enabling progressive change by ensuring a safe digital future 7 Apr 2022 Read more Instagram (IG) is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, particularly among teenagers. The photo-sharing app ranked third in terms of?preferred social networks among teenagers in the United States, second to Snapchat and TikTok. 17 Mar 2022 Read more
23 Feb 2022 Read more
- Ransomware surpassed the worst expectations in 2021, with attacks against critical infrastructure, outrageous ransom demands and over USD 5 billion worth of potential bitcoin transactions in the first half of the year alone.
- RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) attack numbers from the last weeks of T3 2021 broke all previous records, amounting to a staggering yearly growth of 897%.
- Android banking malware detections rose by 428% in 2021 compared to 2020.
- ProxyLogon vulnerability was the second-most frequent external attack vector in ESET's 2021 statistics, right after password-guessing attacks.
- Attacks exploiting the Log4Shell vulnerability were the fifth-most common external intrusion vector in 2021.
With the new academic year now in full swing, children and students across South Africa will be sitting down at their computers to study, complete their coursework, and possibly even write exams online. This is an exciting time, but it is also fraught with worry as digital distractions are rife. 9 Feb 2022 Read more
Contact ESET021 659 2000