|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company |
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Independent Media Recruiter|
The Daily Voice has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Multimedia Journalist Position in Cape Town. The successful incumbent will be responsible for producing copy for use across multi media, multi platforms and across verticals (print and digital).Key Responsibilities
- Produce stories that are well researched, accurate, balanced and well written.
- Produce high quality stories that are error free and ready for publication for all platforms.
- Produce regular front page leads
- Produce regular feature articles and curated content
- Establish a strong network of contacts.
- Editing copy that complies with legal, style and space requirements.
- Follow up stories.
- Use social media to drive readership.
- Supply links, pictures, audio and or videos.
- Use social media to break news and engage with online audience.
- Generate ideas for unique story packages and community focus and reader engagement.
- Manage a personal diary.
- Initiate stories.
- Meet the deadline demand of the title whilst projecting a positive image.
- Any other functions as and when required.
- A thorough understanding of issues affecting Cape Town and South Africa
- Must have a tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent.
- Must have and be able to supply a contactable list of high profile contacts.
- Have a strong presence on social media with a number of followers.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must have extensive contact base.
- Excellent command of English.
- Must be fully computer literate, including the use of all social media applications
- Must have at least 3 years journalism experience working on multiple platforms
- Having a formal training qualification in multimedia journalism would be advantageous.
- Have a flair for tackling and writing a wide variety of stories.
- Be technologically well advanced on all social network platforms
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills in gathering news and presenting news
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with high level contacts
- Must have the ability to think creatively.
- Be a self - starter that shows initiative and ability to work independently.
- Be extremely motivated and driven to work in a highly pressurised fast pace environment.
- Be highly flexible working long, irregular hours nightshift, weekends and public holidays
- Be prepared to travel long distances across the province and country.
- The ability to work under constant deadlines pressure
Posted on 22 Feb 15:46
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.