Mid Level Copywriter
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company |
Job descriptionThe Mid-Level Copywriter will be responsible for delivering engaging, creative written content across various marketing formats and digital formats. Tasked with leading projects into uncharted creative territory, the role calls for solving commercial and advertising strategy and positioning challenges. Mindful of brand voice and their unique personas, the position holder must be able to write for any medium and any length, in almost every voice, mindful of how it sounds and reads.
- Meet weekly, monthly, campaign and special creative project deadlines.
- Ensuring assigned tasks have been completed in the agreed timeframe.
- Write, edit and proofread content for all tier 1 and 2 campaigns, internal collateral and brand-briefed requests. Ensure all copy is engaging, clear, concise and accurate.
- Advise on copywriting best practices across all social media platforms and mediums, keeping abreast of changing content consumption behaviour and online best practice.
- Remain cognisant of tone, voice, and vernacular of segmented digital audiences, acting as consumers’ representative when it comes to written communication.
- Conceptualising, articulating, and assisting with creative ideas.
- Take briefings and liaise throughout projects with internal and other stakeholders. Secure appropriate sign-offs of own copy for technical accuracy from internal specialists as needed.
- Contribution to and ownership of communication strategies
- Contribution to user journey mapping.
- Ensuring that the Editorial Board process is followed on assigned clients.
- Make use of insights and analytics provided by the Business Intelligence teams to improve the quality and relevance of content to meet the needs of all audiences.
Earned Media Excellence
- Act as the brand custodian to the brands you work on, delivering engaging, creative written content across various marketing formats and digital formats to drive Earned Media excellence.
Team Work / Accountability
- Take accountability as the Mid Copywriter on the brands you work on, connecting with relevant teams to drive the adoption of Earned Media.
- Experience with working for a large Corporate or hard hitting, Mainstream Digital Agency, with specific experience working on FMCG brands
- 3+ years of work experience as a Mid-Level Copywriter
- A qualification in Creative Writing, Journalism, Marketing, English, or similarly related field
- Strong portfolio of past work – Award Winning projects would be great!
- Good understanding of all marketing and communication functions
- Know the importance of brand awareness and thought leadership
- Understanding of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, other) is crucial
Posted on 24 Mar 16:27