Head of Data/Analytics
|Remuneration:||Cost to company |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Provident Fund|
|Reference:||#Head D& A|
Job descriptionThe head of data and analytics is responsible for developing and governing the agency data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. This person will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organise, protect and analyse data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. Other duties will include leading interdisciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation.
- Thorough understanding of the business and data strategy.
- Designing and implementing data strategies and systems.
- Lead, motivate and manage agile technical teams.
- Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data.
- Implementing data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations.
- Determine where to cut costs and increase revenue based on insights derived from data.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff.
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools.
Job spec - Head of data and analytics:
The head of data and analytics is responsible for driving scalable and automated data reporting and insights for the agency’s digital clients (Ab-Inbev brands) as they are won, whilst also assisting on pitches.
The head of data and analytics is data-led, future-orientated and leadership-based that assists the business in its own digital transformation from within. A key focus on strategic-grow projects that will aid in the expansion of the business and its offering. Secondly, the assessing of digital candidates for correct alignment of skill sets to required roles.
For industry: Thought leadership, public speaking, PR activities that drive awareness for the business, towards new and existing brands.
Strategy: The head of data and analytics plays a leading strategic role where the person leads the data analytics and reporting for all brands. The head of data and analytics also endeavours to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualisation, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
Analytics: The head of data and analytics will play an analytical role where the person will develop and apply analytical frameworks and methods where possible with a view of driving and streamlining client reports. In this capacity, the head of data and analytics strives to improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis. The person will lead the data and analytics in the creation of high-quality analyses for all functions of the business and in the definition of metrics that track the business’s performance at different fronts. It is also the duty of the head of data and analytics to validate, interpret, and create reports and presentations for senior data analytics management, departmental heads/management, and relevant stakeholders.
Collaboration: The role of the head of data and analytics is a highly collaborative role and, as such, this person facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration. The head of data and analytics works closely with senior data analytics management in establishing departmental goals and strategies. The person additionally works with junior data analytics to define the data collection needs for each brand for the purpose of future work and also for guaranteeing that there is high data-quality and reliability across the business. The head of data and analytics further collaborates with numerous departments across the business, aiding them in the proper use of data, hence, ensuring the delivery of desired operational results.
Other duties: The head of data and analytics also performs similar duties as the person deems fit for the proper execution of their duties and duties as delegated by the employer.
Team SLA compliance
- Managing team, ensuring assigned tasks and projects have been completed in the agreed timeframe.
- Data and insights excellence
- Leading the agency data strategy, to enable marketing optimisation and using big data to find causation between marketing and sales.
- Data innovation and best practice
- Innovation and best practice. Ensuring the work being done is in line with industry best practice while applying innovative techniques and methodologies to ensure Ab InBev marketing are effective at being data-driven.
- Earned media excellence
- Provides insights to improve products and marketing strategies. This could be for high-level strategy or a more hands-on tactical analysis regarding the performance of a specific product or campaign.
- Take accountability for the lead data engineers, analysts and scientists on the brands you work on, connecting with insights, community managers, strategists, connections and brand team to synthesis information into actionable insights which drive the adoption of earned media strategies and marketing innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five to 10 years' experience in a senior-level data management role.
- Management experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Analytically minded.
- Professionalism and ethical behaviour.
Posted on 09 Mar 13:54